● American Red Cross training courses offered at 150 Gorrell Ave., Thursday. Courses are: Adult CPR/AED from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., cost $70, and Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED from 6 p.m.-8 p.m., cost $90. Advance registration required. Courses, times, and locations subject to change. Registration: 800-733-2767 or redcross.org/takeaclass.
● The Greater Toledo Civil War Roundtable meeting featuring Civil War musician Steve Ball of Columbus at the Senior Center, Navarre Park Shelter House, 1101 White St., 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Details: Kathy Jones, email@example.com, or 419-243-1551.
● Village garage sale to include 40-plus homes, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Maps available at the Log Cabin Visitors Information Center.
● Glass City Singles dance parties at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., 8 p.m. to midnight Friday. For singles 21 and up. 734-856-8963
● Toledo Astronomical Association viewing at Beaver Creek Park, 23028 Long Judson Rd., 9 p.m. Saturday. Free. Details: toledoastronomy.org, or Frank Merritt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-535-8775. Viewing is weather dependent.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for dinner at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., Oregon, 5 p.m. Wednesday. Details: 419-836-3811.
● Machine Embroidery Guild, 11 a.m. Saturday at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd. Details: 419-841-5373.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild, 7 p.m. Thursday at Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave. Details: 734-850-8888.
● Fallen Timbers Battlefield Walk: 219th Anniversary, Side Cut Metropark’s Fallen Timbers Monument, 1025 W. River Rd., 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 12. Enjoy an educational 4-mile walk across the battlefield. Reservations needed, 419-407-9701. Free.
● Rummage and bake sale at St. Michael Altar Society, 502 W. Front St., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 9 and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 10.
● 10th annual Downtown Monroe Fine Art Fair 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Aug. 10 and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Aug. 11. Details: monroefineartfair.com.
● Area Women are invited to “Can You Can?” luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet, noon Thursday. Deb Trzcinski of Oak Harbor on home canning. Speaker: Sheila Emenhiser with “The Mousetraps of Life.” Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Big Ride for the Little Sisters Motorcycle Run and Crusin’ by the Park Classic Car Show starting at 930 S. Wynn Rd. to the Marblehead Lighthouse, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, registration 10 a.m., ride at 11 a.m. Music, lunch, $1,000 summer raffle. Car show participants $10 before Saturday or $12 day of event and starts at 2:30 p.m. at Little Sisters of the Poor. Motorcycle participants $25 per bike and $5 extra for a rider. Details or raffle tickets: littlesistersofthepoornwohio.com or 419-698-4331.
● Oregon Branch Library’s planning session for renovation and expansion at the Little Sisters of the Poor-Sacred Heart Home, 930 S. Wynn Rd., 7 p.m. Aug. 12.
● Pemberville Quilt Show at the Pemberville Elementary School, 120 E. College Ave., 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. with judging at 9 a.m. Aug. 14; noon to 8 p.m. Aug. 15 and 16; and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 17. Entries accepted from 2-7 p.m. Aug. 13.
● Pemberville Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk at the Freedom Fire Department, 104 E. Front St., 12 p.m. Aug. 18. Walk is a 3-mile fundraising walk to benefit the Lustgarten Foundation dedicated to funding pancreatic cancer research. Details: lustgarten.org or 866-789-1000.
● Green Industry Summer Session, Wednesday, at Owens Community College’s Audio Visual Classroom Center, 30335 Oregon Rd. The session, held in partnership with Ohio State University Extension, Lucas County, is an educational event specifically designed for members of the local landscape, garden center, tree care, and turf industry. Education sessions and exhibits throughout the afternoon. Details: Lee Richter at email@example.com or 419-578-6783.
● Caring for the Caregiver classes at the Perrysburg Center, 30000 E. River Rd., 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, and 21. Reservations: 419-931-5356.
● Helping Hands for Haiti fund-raiser at Grace United Methodist Church, 601 E. Boundary St., 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. Food, live music, clowns, children’s activities, silent auction, and more. Free. To benefit the Brad Reddick School in Savanette, Haiti, built and operated by the Perrysburg-based Missions International of America. Details: missionsinternationalofamerica.com or 419-872-0180.
● Caring for the Caregiver classes at the Toledo Center, 800 S. Detroit Ave., 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 18, and 25. Reservations: 419-931-5356.
● Women’s Connection West luncheon at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m. Friday. $12. Reservations: 419-535-5853.
● Public viewing with the Toledo Astronomical Association at Sylvan Prairie Park, 9 p.m. Aug. 16. Details: 419-535-8775 or toledoastronomy.org.
● Classic car show at Toledo Memorial Park, 6382 Monroe St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 18. Information: 419-265-5252.
● 3rd annual Andrew Gulch Memorial Golf Outing at Bedford Hills Golf Club, 6400 Jackman Rd., Aug 24. Registration opens at 11 a.m., shotgun starts at 1 p.m. Registration open until Aug. 16. Registration: 419-726-1095 or facebook.com/andrewgulchmemorial.
● Cherished Friends of Ahava presents Golf Fore Hope at Fallen Timbers Fairways, 7711 Timbers Blvd., registration 8 a.m., shotgun start 8:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $70 per person ($280 per team). Register at: Ahava Spa and Wellness Center, 34 S. St. Clair St., Toledo; 419-241-5877 or cherishedfriends.org. Cost includes: 18 holes of golf, golf cart, steak dinner, refreshments, awards, and prizes. Benefits program to restore hope and healing for those diagnosed with cancer.
● Waterville Playshop auditions for Cole Porter’s Anything Goes, at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. Second St., 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Aug. 20 and Aug. 23. Final auditions/callbacks will be 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 25. Interested individuals should prepare a style-appropriate piece of music, learn a short tap routine, and read an assigned section from the script. Adults and teenagers encouraged to participate. Details: 419-276-0032 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Show dates are Oct. 18-20 at the Maumee Indoor Theatre.
● Open house and Academy Introductory program hosted by the Maritime Academy of Toledo, 803 Water St., Monday-Friday. Registration: 419-244-9999.
● Historian Richard Baranowski and WWII Veteran Robert Romaker will speak at the American Legion Post 335 in the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Details: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Back to school fair at Pilgrim Church, 1375 W. Sylvania Ave., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Details: 419-478-6012.
● Friends of Side Cut Metropark cruise on the Sandpiper with retired Toledo Blade Outdoor editor Steve Pollick, 7 p.m. Aug. 21. $15 per person. Reservations: 419-897-8663.
● Country Living Day at Blue Creek Conservation Area, 7790 Schadel Rd., 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Free educational program for the community to learn about agriculture in Lucas county. Activities include visiting baby farm animals, tractors, demonstrations, tours of the area, a hayride, and a children’s activity area. Details: Melanie Fitch or Jamie Knipp, 419-849-2128.
● Dancin’ in the Park sponsored by the Village of Whitehouse and the Dance Centre of Northwest Ohio in downtown Whitehouse, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Aug. 17. Dancing, food, and face painting. Rumblin’ Rhythm Cloggers to perform. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. Details: 419-877-5383.
● Village of Whitehouse Enrichment Class: Genealogy 101 with Louann Artiaga in the Village Hall, 6:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Trace your family roots by using genealogy Web sites, public/government records, and more. Registration: 419-877-5383.
Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. All-you-can-eat breakfast. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
Greek Luncheons at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral, corner of Cherry and Summit Sts., 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday. Menu: Greek platter Tiropita (cheese pie), Pastichio (Greek lasagna), Greek style green beans, salad, bread, coffee or iced tea. Cost: $8.99. Pastries, pop, and bottled water available for purchase. 419-243-9189
Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Dinners include fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
Patio Nights at the American Legion Post 192, 620 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 5-7 p.m. Wednesdays. All-you-can-eat brats, hamburgers, hot dogs, and sides. Details: 734-847-9245.
Libbey High School All Classes Reunion, Labor Day weekend at Maumee Bay State Park, 1400 State Park Rd., Oregon, Aug. 30 to Sept. 1. Meet and greet, registration 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and meet at 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. Aug. 30; boat and bike rentals, fishing, dinner, and dance at Cambridge Hall from 6 p.m.-1 a.m. Aug. 31; Blue and Gold Beach Party and Picnic in Shelters No. 2 and No. 3, use parking lot No. 3 from noon to 8 p.m. (food ends at 4 p.m.) Sept. 1. For tickets and details: Cassandra Day-Moore, 419-450-7227; Grace Blackshear, 419-806-3418; Keith Johnson, 419-917-8287; or Susan Fitzpatrick, 419-514-1183. For hotel reservations: 800-282-7275.
Morrison R. Waite High School’s Golden Years Alumni Luncheon representing all classes that have celebrated their 50th class reunion at the Grant Murray Field House (East Broadway entrance) at the high school, Morrison Drive, doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch 12:30 p.m. Sept. 10. Cost: $20 per person. Open to all alumni. Reservations with payment by Aug. 30 to: Waite High School Luncheon, c/o Judy Bee, 224 Elgin Ave., Toledo, Ohio 43605. Details: 419-693-6114 or email at email@example.com.
Rossford High School class of 1963 will celebrate their 50th reunion on Friday and Saturday. Events will be a river cruise on the Sandpiper at 6 p.m., followed by a gathering at Tony Packo’s at the Park on Friday. A night’s celebration at Belmont Country Club will begin at 5:30 p.m., featuring a cocktail hour, appetizers, dinner, and dancing on Saturday. Reservations, dinner pre-payment, and details: Marcia (Holefka) Nagy, 419-666-3708.
Whitmer High School class of 1949 reunion at Longhorn Steakhouse, 4155 Talmadge Rd., 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Information: 734-856-5823.
Burnham Alumni Reunion at the American Legion Post 468, 5580 Centennial Rd., Sylvania, 4-8 p.m., buffet dinner 5 p.m. Saturday. Meet and greet former classmates and friends. Cost: $18 per person. For reservations contact: Katherine Blystone at 4344 Lathrop Rd., Berkey, Ohio 43504-9710.
Waite High School Class of 1963 Reunion with two days of event on Aug. 16 and 17. Tour of Waite High School meet at the Career Center on Morrison Dr. at 4 p.m.; and a baseball game at the Toledo Mud Hens, 406 Washington St., Toledo, 6:30-9 p.m. Aug. 16. Golf at Chippewa Golf course, 23550 State Hwy. 579, Curtice, 9:30 a.m.; dinner 6-11 p.m. at Carranor Hunt and Polo Club, 502 E. 2nd St., Perrysburg, Aug. 17. Reservations required for golf, game, and dinner. Details/costs: whsclassof63com.webs.com.
Start High School class of 1973 reunion at Mano’s Greek Restaurant, 1701 Adams St., 7 p.m. Aug. 17. Graduates from 1972 and 1974 are also welcome. There will be music and appetizers. Information: Mike Cassidy at 419-841-9309.
Perrysburg High School class of 1993 Reunion at Belmont Country Club, 29601 Bates Rd., 6 p.m.-11 p.m. Aug. 31. Tickets can be purchased now at phsclassof93reunion.eventbrite.com. Questions: Phsclass93.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clay High School class of 1983 will be celebrating 30 years with reunion at Mud Hens game on Aug. 31. Reservations needed with prepayment by Aug. 8. Call Lori at 419-250-8696.
Start High School Class of 1993 20-year Reunion on Sept. 6 and 7. Pre-paid reservations are being taken. For more information: classmates.com (SHS Class of ‘93 Reunion); StartHS1993@gmail.com; or Facebook SHS Class of ‘93 Reunion.
Libbey High School Class of 1953 reunion at Caper’s Restaurant and Bar, 2038 S. Byrne Rd., 5:30 p.m. Sept. 7. Cost: $25/couple or $12.50/person. Send check and reservations to: Class of 53, P.O. Box 60204, Rossford, Ohio 43460. Details contact: Joyce Miekis, 419-666-8205 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Shipmates that served aboard the battleship USS Missouri (BB-63) will hold their 40th reunion at Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey Hotel, Harrisburg, Penn., from Sept. 10-18, 2013. All veterans and interested parties along with their family and friends are invited. For information contact: Bill Morton, 803-469-3579 or e-mail Mp63@ftc-i.net or Jack Stempick, 203-281-4693 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bedford High School Class of 1972 reunion on Sept. 21. To receive further information, send your contact information to: BedfordReunion1972@yahoo.com.
The USS Mount McKinley Association’s 25th reunion in Portland, Oregon from Sept. 18 through Sept. 22. For veterans and associate members of all branches of military that served on the Amphibious Force Flagship, USS Mount McKinley AGC/LCC-7, and associated members from the Flagship Alliance group that served on one of the other AGC’s during their years of commissioned service. Contact: Dwight L. Janzen, 2515 E. N. Altamont Blvd., Spokane, Washington 99202-4247; call 509-534-3649 evenings and weekends; or e-mail email@example.com.
Olney High School Class of 1963 to hold its 50th reunion in the Black Forest Cafe at Oak Shade Grove Hall, 3624 Seaman Rd., Oregon, social hour 6 p.m., buffet dinner 7 p.m. Sept. 28. Cash bar available. Tickets: $27.50 per person/ reservations required. Information: Dawn Woyame, 419-691-0619; Sharon French, 419-836-7248; or Kay Vargo, 419-666-4284.
Rossford High School classmates who graduated 50 years or more are invited to a luncheon at the Carranor Hunt and Polo Club, 502 E. 2nd St., Perrysburg, social hour at noon and lunch at 1 p.m. Sept. 28, 2013. Cost: $16. There will be a cash bar. For reservations by Sept. 14 call Caroline Klotz, 419-868-7670.
The Anthony Wayne Class of 1963 will hold their 50th year reunion Oct. 4 to Oct. 6. Football game with Generals vs. Bowling Green at home on Oct. 4; banquet at Nazareth Hall in Grand Rapids, Oct. 5; and potluck lunch at Indianola Shelter on Oct. 6. Class members are invited to attend all three activities or pick and choose. Further information contact: Carol Heuerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas A. DeVilbiss Class of 1973 40th reunion at Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel overlooking the river, 444 Summit St., downtown, event begins at 7 p.m., dinner 8 p.m. Oct. 26, 2013. A program and dancing will follow. Tickets: $75 per person. Advance ticket sales only, no door sales. Details/registration/order tickets at: dhs73.com or email@example.com. A block of rooms reserved. Call and book your room by calling hotel at 419-241-1411. Ask for Special DeVilbiss 40th Reunion room rate.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.