Owens culinary students, shown in this file photo, prepare lunch at Terrace View Cafe.
New menu selections are available from Owens Community College Hospitality Management and Culinary Arts programs at its Terrace View Café, which is open to the public.
The student-run cafe is located in College Hall Room 148 on Oregon Road on the Perrysburg Township campus. It is open to the public for lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost for lunch is $9 and reservations are required. Take-out meals are available.
The cafe opens to the public on Tuesday with smoke roasted pork loin with apple cider sauce as the entrée. Regional food will be featured on Tuesdays, international food on Thursdays.
Menu selections for the spring semester are:
- March 19 --baked tilapia with Chesapeake Bay baste
- March 21 -- gombas szelet – mushroom lamb chops
- March 26 -- chicken creole with pan steamed rice and fried okra
- March 28 --Mongolian barbeque
- April 9 -- Kentucky barbeque pork loin
- April 11 -- to-be-announced, Greek cuisine
- April 16 -- made-to-order omelets
- Apr. 18 -- beef bulgogi in red leaf lettuce wrap
- April 23 -- chicken Monterey with green chili potatoes
- April 25 -- tapas
Also available will be a lacto-ovo vegetarian entrée or a Terrace chicken burger.
A complete listing of dishes is available at www.owens.edu/terrace.
Bakery items also will be available.
Reservations must be made by 3 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the Tuesday luncheon and 3 p.m. on Thursday prior to the Thursday luncheon.
For more information, call 567-661-7359 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, Ext. 7359. Reservations also can be made at www.owens.edu/terrace.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.