No injuries reported after store was evacuated for gas leak.
The Walmart store at 5821 W. Central Ave. in Sylvania Township has reopened after being evacuated today for a natural gas leak, authorities said.
There were no injuries, Chris Kozak, a Columbia Gas spokesman, said.
The evacuation occurred about 2:30 p.m. after a store employee accidentally struck a gas line in the store, Mr. Kozak said.
The utility then shut off gas to the store and it reopened about 3:45 p.m., the utility spokesman said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.