● A one-night pop-up gallery with artistic, unique, and edible gifts will be 6 to 10 p.m. Friday in the Sur St. Clair Gallery, One S. St. Clair St.
● Cool Yule at Hudson Gallery features work by many of the area’s well-known artists through Jan. 4. It’s at 5645 N. Main St., Sylvania.
● The Mr. Atomic Gallery of brothers Michael and Mark Kersey will be open 1 to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in the Common Space Building, 1700 N. Reynolds Rd. Information: 419-699-7394 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Another pop-up is the FiYA Gallery, 4 to 10 p.m. Saturday at 312 N. Main St., Findlay. It will feature art by the late Scott Lightfoot of the Old West End, including his cancer series. A reception, including kids’ activities, will be at the Main Event next door.
● Also selling hand-made gifts (woven rugs, glass and ceramics, gift baskets, original art, cookies, and pies) is the Bittersweet Farms Holiday Shop, open Monday through Friday through Dec. 20 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The farm, which serves people who have autism, is at 12660 Archbold-Whitehouse Rd. in Whitehouse. Information: 419-875-6986.
Calls for artists:
● Ohio artists have a Jan. 3 deadline to apply for a project at the Bowling Green Bureau of Criminal Investigation facility that will be paid for by the Ohio Percent for Art Commission. Information here, or email email@example.com.
● Another artist-designed bike-rack project is seeking submissions for its third phase of this ongoing project. Deadline is Jan. 16.
Designs should represent Toledo’s cultural and aesthetic identity and accommodate two bicycles, one on each side of the rack. Details: theartscommission.org and 419-254-2287.
Prizm Creative Community invites people who would like to learn about this nonprofit artists’ group to a champagne brunch, which is also for Prizm members and friends. It will be 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at the Belmont County Club, 29601 Bates Rd., Perrysburg. Cost: $20. Reservations are due today at 419-885-7498 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming classes include New Techniques in Fused Glass, Jan. 9, 6-10 p.m. in Sylvania, and an intensive manuscript class (where and how to publish creative writing), 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 in Perrrsyburg. There are fees. Information: myprizm.com and 419-931-8732.
The 2014 Governor’s Awards in Ohio, chosen from 76 nominations, are Sherri Geldin (for arts administration at the Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus); Arts Dancing Wheels Company & School (arts education, Cleveland); the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr./U.S. Bank Foundation (arts patron, Cincinnati); Macy’s, Inc. (business support of the arts, statewide); Neal Gittleman, Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra (community development and participation, Dayton); Sheri Williams, Dayton Contemporary Dance Company (individual artist, Dayton). Awards will be presented in May in Columbus.
Send items for News of Art two weeks before the event to Tahree Lane at: email@example.com or 419-724-6075.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.