Loading…
Sunday, August 30, 2015
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 3/14/2003

A man was hurt last night when he slipped on ice as he escaped from his Spencer Street apartment building because of a fire in one of the units, firefighters said.

Christopher Sager, who lives on the basement level of 700 Spencer, was treated for minor injuries at the scene.

The blaze started about 9 p.m. in a second-floor unit occupied by Michelle Toah. The fire, which caused about $25,000 damage, was started by a cigarette on a sofa. It did not spread beyond the one bedroom apartment, Battalion Fire Chief Ora Pettaway said

It took firefighters about 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze. Residents of the 10-unit, three-story building were evacuated briefly, the chief said.


Recommended for You


Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.