Loading…
Wednesday, October 01, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Monday, 7/21/2003

Kitchen fire damages home on Torrance Dr.

A kitchen fire at a home in the 3600 block of Torrance Drive caused about $15,000 in damage, Toledo fire officials said yesterday.

Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said the blaze started about 10:30 a.m. at 3604 Torrance. Lieutenant Hertzfeld said Sheldon Williams, 35, of Atlanta said he was visiting residents of the home. While sleeping on a sofa, he heard a popping sound in the kitchen.

Mr. Williams told firefighters that when he investigated, he saw that a fire had started from a greased pan on a hot stove. He said he used a garden hose to douse the fire.

Firefighters said the blaze was extinguished by the time they arrived. No one was hurt in the incident.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.