Loading…
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 11/23/2007

Fire breaks out during family dinner

A South Toledo family's Thanksgiving dinner was interrupted last night when fire ignited in the ceiling above their kitchen, Battalion Fire Chief Christine Davis said.

At least six people were eating dinner at 1023 Orchard St. when the fire started at 6:15 p.m. The family evacuated the two-story house, Chief Davis said.

The cause of the fire was electrical. There was about $15,000 in damage to structure, she said.

Although the fire was quickly extinguished, firefighters spent nearly an hour clearing out fire-damaged insulation.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.