The Toledo Fire & Rescue Department will ask the city to list a North Toledo home that has burned twice in five days as a "code-red" property.
A fire at 14 Kenilworth Ave. was reported at 1:15 a.m. Thursday. Because crews found multiple points of origin and the property smelled of gasoline, the fire was ruled an arson, fire Capt. John Kaminski said.
No injuries were reported and no arrests were made.
On July 9, crews put out a house fire there, which was ultimately found to be electrical in nature.
If the structure is listed as a code-red property, fire crews won't enter it unless someone is trapped inside.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.