SANDUSKY — The bodies of a woman and two children were found Saturday night in their John Street home, Sandusky police said.
Lt. Robert VanScoy said in a statement that the victims included a 23-year-old woman and two children.
John Orzech, assistant police chief, told the Sandusky Register newspaper the deaths, discovered around 8 p.m., were being investigated as suspected homicides.
The Register said police identified the woman as Heather Jackson, 23, and that they suspect the children were her 3-year-old daughter and 18-month-old son.
Police said they were asked to check on the woman at 723 John St. because she had not been heard from all day.
The mother’s body was lodged between a mattress and a bed frame and the bodies of the children were found in a closet, the newspaper reported on its Web site.Neighbors told the newspaper that the woman had lived in the house for about a month.
Police asked the state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation to assist in its investigation.
- Lloyd R. Nolfo (1924-2015): Businessman called self-made blacksmith
- Keith Clyde Anderson (1939-2015): Educator coached high school sports, mock-trial contests
- Mother of 4 assisted in family’s city florist shop
- Psychiatrist led classes at MCO, assisted elderly
- Harry Freeman: 1929-2015; Hancock Co. agent advised area farmers