FREMONT -- State Rt. 53 south of Fremont has reopened in both directions after being closed for an incident in which a tractor-trailer rig and a pickup truck crashed, injuring one person, the Ohio Highway Patrol said.
The victim was flown to an area hospital, troopers at the patrol's Sandusky post said. The name was not released.
The crash occurred about 10:20 a.m. today on southbound Route 53 near Gillmore Road in Sandusky County's Ballville Township, troopers said.
Traffic on Route 53 returned to normal sometime by 2 p.m., according to the patrol.
Fremont, the seat of Sandusky County, is about 33 miles southeast of Toledo.
- Man faces charges after hitting police car
- Richard B. “Dick” Walters (1932-2016): Fremont boiler worker loved his antique trucks
- Overturned truck closes interstate ramp for 6 hours
- Man, 64, dies after his van goes off road near Fremont
- Fremont man dies in single-car accident