Loading…
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 1/10/2014

BORDERLAND

Space heater caused blaze, officials report

BLADE STAFF

An unattended space heater caused a fire in a South Toledo apartment Thursday morning, fire officials said.

The fire at 4337 Hill Ave. was reported at 11:02 a.m. and caused $25,000 damage, said fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld.

The fire was ruled accidental and was contained to one apartment. No injuries were reported.

The one-story apartment building is owned by J & R Rentals LLC, according to Lucas County auditor records.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories