CELINA, Ohio — A former high school coach and teacher in western Ohio has been sentenced to 20 years in prison after admitting he had sex with one of his students.
Prosecutors say the ex-teacher and junior varsity girls basketball coach at Fort Recovery carried on a sexual relationship with the student that lasted more than two years.
A Mercer County judge sentenced Christopher Summers Thursday on eight counts of sexual battery after he asked the judge to give him probation.
The girl’s mother wanted the judge to hand down the maximum sentence of 40 years.
Summers was on trial this summer when he decided to plead guilty.
The Lima News reports that Summers said in court that he made a huge mistake and blamed his actions on depression and marital problems.40.54893 -84.57024
- Ravens, Browns rivalry has extra meaning for Hoyer
- Ohio college receives $12.5M gift
- 2 killed in southwest Ohio plane crash
- ‘Voice’ takes on new look Monday
- Ohio military, overseas voters to get fall ballots