BEAVERCREEK, Ohio — Authorities in southwest Ohio say a man brandishing a gun inside a Wal-mart store has been shot to death by police.
Montgomery County coroner’s office investigator Jim Fannin says the 22-year-old man was fatally shot at a Wal-mart in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek on Tuesday night.
Fannin says a 37-year-old woman who was in the store at the time also died, but it was due to a heart attack or some other medical condition. Nobody else was hurt.
Beavercreek police say the man was shot at around 8 p.m. after waving a rifle-type weapon around inside the store, including around children. Officers shot him after he failed to comply with verbal orders. He died later at a hospital.
No names have been released.39.70922 -84.06327
Woman in store dies from medical condition.
- Dayton college student struck by lightning returns to campus
- Man who claimed boy choked on Pop Tart charged with murder
- Sheriff's employees get diversity training
- National Guard moves recruit stations to armories
- Northeast Ohio man admits stabbing son to death