In this image released by NBC Universal, actor Charlie Sheen appears on NBC News' "Today" show, Friday, Sept. 16, 2011 in New York.
ASSOCIATED PRESS Enlarge
Charlie Sheen and Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros. settled a lawsuit the actor had brought against the studio over his firing from the comedy “Two and a Half Men” earlier this year.
Terms of the settlement will be confidential, Burbank, California-based Warner Bros. said today in an e-mailed statement. On Sept. 19, the Los Angeles Times reported the parties were close to an agreement under which Sheen would receive about $25 million.
“Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen have resolved their dispute to the parties’ mutual satisfaction,” the company said in the statement. “The pending lawsuit and arbitration will be dismissed as to all parties.”
Sheen had accused Warner Bros. and Lorre, the show’s creator, of breach of contract and retaliation, among other claims, in a complaint filed in March. Sheen, who starred in 177 episodes of the show, had sought $100 million in damages. The show returned on CBS this month with Ashton Kutcher in place of Sheen and drew its largest-ever audience.
Sheen’s lawyer, Marty Singer, didn’t immediately return a call to his office.
The case is Sheen v. Lorre, SC111794, California Superior Court (Santa Monica).