Monday, Oct 24, 2016
One of America's Great Newspapers ~ Toledo, Ohio


Coroner: 'Glee' actor Monteith died of overdose

British Columbia coroner: 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of overdose of heroin and alcohol

  • Photographs-and-notes-are-placed-at-a-memorial-f

    Photographs and notes are placed at a memorial for Canadian actor Cory Monteith outside the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia.

    Associated Press

  • Obit-Cory-Monteith-2


    Associated Press



Associated Press Enlarge

VANCOUVER, British Columbia — A coroner says ‘Glee’ actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner’s office says in a statement today that “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most tragic accident.”

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was “lucky to be alive.”

Click to comment

Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem?

Temporibus autem quibusdam et aut officiis debitis aut rerum necessitatibus saepe eveniet.

Copyright © 2015 Toledo Blade

To Top

Fetching stories…