1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. TO ENTER AND PLAY: There are 2 ways to enter: (1) Enter by visiting the Academy Awards official registration page on The Blade Web site at http://www.toledoblade.com/contests and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the "SEND" button. (2) Enter by completing an Official Entry Form available in the lobby of The Blade at 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, Ohio 43660 beginning February 22, 2002 and all entries must be received by 5:00 pm on March 22, 2002. Limit (1) entry per person per day. The Blade will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by The Blade in its sole, reasonable discretion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open only to adults, age 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest is not open to employees of The Blade, National Amusements, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, One (1) First Prize Winner and Twenty-five (25) Runners-Up will be selected in a random drawing from among all correct entries to be held on or about March 25, 2002. One regional Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for 4 to Universal Orlando Resort in Florida, including air transportation for 4 on US Airways, hotel accommodations on-site at the Hard Rock Hotel and 3-day passes for 4 to Universal Studios and Universal's island of Adventures. Prize fulfillment by National Ammusements (approximate retail value $4,750). One (1) First Prize Winner will each receive a years worth of National Amusements movie passes. Twenty-five (25) Runners-Up will each receive a family 4-pack of movie passes.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received. Odds of winning the regional Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received from National Amusements promotional partmers in the Boston, Cinncinnati, Davenport, Flint, Hartford, Louisville, Newhaven, Pittsburgh, Providence, and Toledo markets. Non-compliance with these rules may result in disqualification and alternate winners may be selected.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Winners will be notified by telephone on or about March 23, 2002. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and The Blade reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For prizewinners list (available after April 1, 2001), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, Ohio 43660. Winners will also be announced in The Blade and on toledoblade.com after April 1, 2002.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and The Blade, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Ohio, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the contest, contestants release The Blade, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
Winners agree that the National Amusements Inc., MTV Networks, Viacom International and their employees, immediate families, directors, officers, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchises, or agencies shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance of and/or participation in prize and/or contest.
Employees and their immediate families of National Amusements Inc., MTV Networks, Viacom International, any person related to this promotion and its production, or other promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchises, or agencies are ineligible to participate in this contest.
11. SPONSOR: Academy Awards Contest is sponsored by The Blade, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The Blade will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, Ohio 43660. No telephone inquiries regarding this Contest will be accepted.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.