Which trends are going to most affect the American workplace according in the next year? Here are the ten biggest concerns of human resource managers:
By Matthew M. F. Miller
1. Rising health care costs.
2. Outsourcing/offshoring of jobs to other countries.
3. Increased health care/medical costs hurting economic competitiveness.
4. Increased demand for work/life balance.
5. Retirement of large numbers of baby boomers around the same time.
6. New attitudes toward aging and retirement as baby boomers reach retirement age.
7. Rise in the number of individuals and families without health insurance.
8. Increase in identity theft.
9. Work intensification as employers try to increase productivity with fewer employees.
10. Vulnerability of technology to attack or disaster.
Source: Society of Human Resource Management Workplace Forecast survey a of 1,232 members
Copyright CTW Features
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.