Which trends are going to most affect the American workplace according in the next year? Here are the ten biggest concerns of human resource managers:
By Matthew M. F. Miller
1. Rising health care costs.
2. Outsourcing/offshoring of jobs to other countries.
3. Increased health care/medical costs hurting economic competitiveness.
4. Increased demand for work/life balance.
5. Retirement of large numbers of baby boomers around the same time.
6. New attitudes toward aging and retirement as baby boomers reach retirement age.
7. Rise in the number of individuals and families without health insurance.
8. Increase in identity theft.
9. Work intensification as employers try to increase productivity with fewer employees.
10. Vulnerability of technology to attack or disaster.
Source: Society of Human Resource Management Workplace Forecast survey a of 1,232 members
Copyright CTW Features