THE BLADE/LORI KING Enlarge | Buy This Photo
Eds: This recurring file takes readers around the 2012 Olympics and its host city with journalists from The Associated Press. This story is part of AP's general news and sports services.
Egypt's Olympic team won't be wearing knockoffs after all at the London Games.
Nike announced Friday it was donating its gear to the Egyptian athletes. This after the country's committee chairman said they'd turned to a Chinese distributor because the real thing was just too expensive.
Not so during the opening ceremony, though. Nike's shipment isn't due to arrive in London until Saturday.
Blade Best/Most Read
- Gov. Kasich signs 2-year, $7B budget
- Ohio A.G. office to take over Toledo case
- Toledo pot site names owner
- Accident backs up WB I-475 after I-75 split
- Put-in-Bay appoints interim police chief
- Toledo Planned Parenthood broken into overnight
- The Lennon Sisters: a blast from the past
- UT gets grant for biofuel project