THE BLADE/LORI KING Enlarge | Buy This Photo
Eds: This recurring file takes readers around the 2012 Olympics and its host city with journalists from The Associated Press. This story is part of AP's general news and sports services.
Egypt's Olympic team won't be wearing knockoffs after all at the London Games.
Nike announced Friday it was donating its gear to the Egyptian athletes. This after the country's committee chairman said they'd turned to a Chinese distributor because the real thing was just too expensive.
Not so during the opening ceremony, though. Nike's shipment isn't due to arrive in London until Saturday.
Blade Best/Most Read
- Toledo abortion clinic’s license revoked
- Apple Store may be coming to Toledo
- Ex-OSU band director releases statement
- UT announces presidential search committee
- Officials condemn S. Crissey Rd. residence
- Toledo man accused of beating girlfriend
- Toledo department promotes 3 firefighters
- Crash backs up turnpike traffic