THE BLADE/LORI KING Enlarge | Buy This Photo
Eds: This recurring file takes readers around the 2012 Olympics and its host city with journalists from The Associated Press. This story is part of AP's general news and sports services.
Egypt's Olympic team won't be wearing knockoffs after all at the London Games.
Nike announced Friday it was donating its gear to the Egyptian athletes. This after the country's committee chairman said they'd turned to a Chinese distributor because the real thing was just too expensive.
Not so during the opening ceremony, though. Nike's shipment isn't due to arrive in London until Saturday.
Blade Best/Most Read
- One left dead in Ohio Turnpike crash
- Rally aims to keep Wrangler in Toledo
- Maumee teacher lauded as region’s best
- 2 in region under close Ebola watch
- $800,000 OK'd in fight against Ebola in Ohio
- Hard-up Ohio buys Morocco salt
- Drag racer pleads guilty in crash
- EPA giving $7.5M in grants to address algae