The United Way and KeyBank will offer free tax preparation service Saturday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
The Super Refund Saturday will be held at the United Way of Greater Toledo, 424 Jackson St.
KeyBank professionals will provide free income tax preparation assistance to low-income and moderate-income wage earners and help qualified individuals claim the Earned Income Tax Credit.
This is the eighth year of the program.
“Filing an income tax return can be a confusing process for many, and affording a professional tax preparer may be out of reach,” says James A. Hoffman, president of KeyBank’s Michigan/Northwest Ohio District. “Super Refund Saturday is part of our commitment to local residents, and we aim to make the service convenient and accessible. It’s gratifying to help people file their federal returns for free and identify additional money through the EITC.”
To take advantage of Super Refund Saturday, income tax return filers should bring these documents:
• Valid photo ID
• Social Security card for themselves and each dependent
• W-2 Forms (reporting full-time wages)
• Previous year’s tax return
• 1099 Forms (reporting part-time work and interest income), if applicable
• Unemployment forms, if applicable
• Proof of child care payments
• Other IRS forms as appropriate
• Bank account information and bank routing number