Funds are still available to help families and individuals in Lucas County who need assistance paying winter heating bills.
Outreach workers will be available at a number of locations to enroll those eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program. Qualifying households can earn up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level — about $46,100 for a family of four — to participate.
HEAP intake workers will be at the following locations:
● Today — EOPA Offices, 505 Hamilton Ave., Toledo, 5–8 p.m.
● Saturday — East Toledo Family Center, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
● Tuesday — Waterville branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
● March 5 — West Toledo branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
● March 6 — Point Place branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 3–7 p.m.
● March 11 — Oregon branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 1–5 p.m.
● March 12 — Holland branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 4–8 p.m.
● March 21 — Washington branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library , 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
● March 22 — Sylvania branch of Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 1-5 p.m.
● March 27 — Swanton Public Library, 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
“We’re trying to reach some of the customers who work and can’t come during the day,” said Tomeka Rushing, HEAP coordinator at the Economic Opportunity Planning Association of Greater Toledo.
This is the first time the agency has done outreach of this magnitude, she said.
“We want to make sure every customer without heat receives the assistance. ... There should not be one family in Lucas County without heat,” Ms. Rushing said.
For more information, contact EOPA at 419-242-7304 and ask to speak with a HEAP intake worker.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.