DEFIANCE — A Defiance woman died Saturday when she failed to yield and her car was hit broadside by a pickup truck at the intersection of Banner School and Carpenter roads in Tiffin Township, the Ohio Highway Patrol said.
Janice Thompson, 62, was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident was reported at 10:45 a.m., troopers said.
Troopers said Edward C. Osborn, 74, of 21983 Switzer Rd. was westbound on Banner School Road in a 2011 GMC pickup when Mrs. Thompson, who was driving a 1997 Pontiac Grand Am south on Carpenter, failed to stop at the intersection and was struck by Mr. Osborn’s vehicle.
There is a stop sign for traffic on Carpenter at Banner School, troopers said.
A juvenile passenger in Mrs. Thompson’s car was flown to Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo with injuries that were not life- threatening.
Troopers did not release the child’s name and age.
Mr. Osborn and an unidentified passenger in his car were taken to Defiance Regional Hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The incident remained under investigation.
- John Schwepe [1935-2014]; Computer manager a devout Lutheran
- Martha Rose Zeitzheim [1941-2014]; Port Clinton real estate broker active in church and community
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
- Business owner helped youth sports
- Exterminator in Findlay had Port Clinton marina