No hamburgers will be served anytime soon at the Wendy’s restaurant on Glendale Avenue after a Friday afternoon fire.
The fire at 3360 Glendale, near South Byrne Road, was reported at 2:59 p.m. and did “significant damage,” said fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld.
The fire started behind a deep fryer and was likely caused by an electrical malfunction, Lieutenant Hertzfeld said.
No injuries were reported.
A damage dollar amount was not available.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.