Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. OBAMA DISCLOSED SECRET IRAN TALKS TO ISRAEL IN SEPTEMBER
The president revealed the clandestine negotiations with Tehran in a 90-minute meeting with Netanyahu at the White House.
2. INVESTIGATORS TO RELEASE NEWTOWN REPORT
The full police file of the evidence in the school shooting won’t be published, stirring criticism of the investigation’s secrecy.
3. STORM SET TO HIT TEXAS WITH FREEZING RAIN
The Arctic mass is expected move east in the coming days and could disrupt the U.S.’s busy travel week.
4. HOW NEW YORK IS CRACKING DOWN ON TEXTING WHILE DRIVING
Tall SUVs give state troopers better surveillance of guilty drivers but the state is also offering “texting turnoffs” on highways to give motorists a break.
5. WHY DUBAI’S WORLD EXPO BID IS CAUSING ANXIETY AT HOME
Some fear a repeat of the emirate’s financial woes if frenzied construction causes a real estate bubble.
6. THANKSGIVING-HANUKKAH OVERLAP IS A CONUNDRUM FOR SOME
The convergence of the secular and religious holidays is a source of angst for many who celebrate both.
7. THAI DEMONSTRATORS ENTER FINANCE MINISTRY COMPOUND
The anti-government rally escalates seeking to force civil servants to stop working.
8. WHERE METH IS A GROWING CONCERN
Experts on North Korea see signs of a steady output of the drug there — and the potential for global distribution.
9. WHO WON THE NIGHT AT THE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
Taylor Swift took home four honors including artist of the year for the third time.
10. GIANTS, WITH BACKS TO WALL, COME UP SHORT
Dallas downs New York 24-21, ending the Giants’ four-game winning streak and most of their playoff hopes.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.