Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. WHO WON THE MEGA MILLIONS JACKPOT
Lucky ticket holders in San Jose, Calif. and Georgia will share the $636 million jackpot.
2. OBAMA SELECTS GAY ATHLETES FOR SOCHI DELEGATION
The move sends a clear signal to Russia about its treatment of homosexuals.
3. WILL THE FED END ECONOMIC STIMULUS
Not yet, say most analysts, as chairman Ben Bernanke wraps up his final Reserve policy meeting today.
4. COMPROMISE BUDGET SET TO PASS SENATE
President Obama could sign the bill today after a rare display of bipartisanship wraps up the spending package.
5. WHY ASTRONAUTS COULD BE WORKING CHRISTMAS DAY
NASA has ordered a series of urgent spacewalks to fix a broken cooling line at the International Space Station.
6. UN FEARS 500 KILLED IN SOUTH SUDAN
The fighting is believed to be “largely along ethnic lines"; The United States orders citizens to leave immediately.
7. WHAT TRIGGERED A DIPLOMATIC ROW BETWEEN INDIA AND THE US
An Indian diplomat was strip-searched after her arrest for filing false visa information on her New York housekeeper.
8. MORE TYPHOON AID FOR PHILIPPINES
Secretary of State John Kerry pledges an additional $25 million of relief while touring the devastated city of Tacloban.
9. HOW A BLIND MAN SURVIVED BEING HIT BY A SUBWAY TRAIN
The New York City man says his guide dog barked and tried to keep him from falling while witnesses called for help.
10. FACEBOOK BLAMED FOR PIER PLUNGE
A tourist glued to her Facebook feed was rescued after falling off a jetty in Australia.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.