Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Sister Mary Christelle Roesner; 1931-2014: Nun was gifted at teaching science
- Jeffrey S. Creamer [1951-2014]; Lawyer played role in nabbing Frankel
- Leonard J. Wasserman [1926-2014]; Ex-Oregon mayor known for service
- Ex-officer a coroner’s investigator
- Uniform store owner advocate for schools