Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Lloyd R. Nolfo (1924-2015): Businessman called self-made blacksmith
- Keith Clyde Anderson (1939-2015): Educator coached high school sports, mock-trial contests
- Mother of 4 assisted in family’s city florist shop
- Psychiatrist led classes at MCO, assisted elderly
- Harry Freeman: 1929-2015; Hancock Co. agent advised area farmers