Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Kathleen Constance McHugh (1932-2015): Wife of late mayor of Toledo was reading specialist
- LuAnne Taylor (1935-2015): Teaching never was ‘just a job’ for educator
- Richard C. Lawrence (1930-2015): Diner owner named in Obama speech
- Thomas Webb Jr: 1948-2015; Corporate lawyer was on chamber, symphony boards
- Dr. John M. Croci: 1947-2015: Family physician graduated with 1st class at MCO