Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Edward M. Dolin (1930-2015): Pharmacist had reputation for service, care
- Donald N. Ziemke (1919-2015): WWII vet taught in Toledo
- Edward F. Zoltanski (1926-2015): Bankruptcy lawyer had been electrical engineer
- Samuel Rice Jr: 1925-2015; Grain trader provided oats for Derby racehorses
- Clyde Shull: 1918-2015; France honored Army veteran twice in 2 years