Loading…
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeA&E
Published: Wednesday, 3/13/2013

Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

NYC Jack Russell terrier undergoes surgery to remove $1.11 in pennies he swallowed

ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Jack Russell terrier named Jack that swallowed 111 pennies. The Jack Russell terrier named Jack that swallowed 111 pennies.
ASSOCIATED PRESS Enlarge

NEW YORK  — A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories









Poll