The final Art Walk of the year is 6 to 9 p.m., Sept. 23, when 20 art galleries, studios, and businesses in and around downtown will be open. Maps are at acgt.org and at each venue. Information: 419-254-2787.
• The Ford Gallery will open Sunday inside Spaghetti Warehouse, 42 South Superior St. in downtown Toledo. A reception will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. during the annual Wander the Warehouse District event. The gallery operated by former Toledo Mayor Jack Ford and Cynthia Ford will feature local works ranging from sculpture to pop art and fine art. It will be open seven days a week during regular business hours at Spaghetti Warehouse, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Call for artists: Exhibition space is available for 2011 at the Parkwood Gallery, 1838 Parkwood Ave. at Monroe Street. The gallery is in the offices of the Arts Commission of Greater Toledo. With a deadline of Sept. 27, applications are at acgt.org and at 419-254-2787.
• Jewelry and accessories that incorporate recycled materials are being sought for a fund-raiser for Scrap4Art from 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 4 in the Davis Building. Entry deadline is Oct. 1. Information: 419-720-2978 and scrap4arttoledo.org.
• Debra Priestly, a mixed media artist, will speak on Reimagining the Distaff Toolkit at 7 p.m. Sept. 24 in Room 204 of the Fine Art Center at Bowling Green State University. An exhibit of the same name continues in the Wankelman Gallery in the center through Sept. 26.
Speaking Sept. 27 will be art historian Mary Beckinsale on Feminist Art? at 5 p.m. in Room 1101 of the center, and at 6 p.m. in Room 204, metalsmith Marilyn Da Silva will speak on Taking Flight: The Journey Continues.
• Anthony McCarty's art will be displayed in Downtown Latte, 44 South St. Clair St., through Oct. 5.
• Artwork inspired by flora and fauna of Maumee Bay's ecosystem is displayed at the University of Toledo's Lake Erie Center in its third annual Nature of Maumee Bay art contest. The art will be hung through Nov. 12 in the center at 6200 Bayshore Rd. in Oregon.
Entries for the center's nature photo contest are due Oct. 1. Details at www.utoledo.edu/as/lec. Public tours of the center are offered at 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Information: 419-530-8360.
• The Glass Art Society is seeking proposals for lectures, demonstrations, and panels for its 2012 conference focusing on the 50th anniversary of Toledo's studio glass movement. Deadline is Oct. 25. The conference will be in Toledo. Submissions should recognize the studio glass movement and reflect the innovative spirit, diverse viewpoints, and current concerns of the Glass Art Society community at large. Information: http://www.glassart.org/calls_for_conf_proposals.html.
• Mark Beltchenko, Bill Jackson, and Ivan Kende will be featured in solo exhibits at Flatlanders Art Galleries Sunday through Nov. 7. A reception will be 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the gallery at 11993 East U.S. 223, Blissfield. Information: 517-486-4591 and flatlandersculpture.com.
Items for News of Art should be sent to email@example.com at least two weeks before the event.