The Toledo Area Miniature Enthusiasts will host its 15th annual display in conjunction with the Three Blind Mice miniatures show this weekend in St. Clement's Hall, 3020 Tremainsville Rd. With more than 20 dealers, categories include dolls and dollhouses, room boxes, holidays, landscaping, outdoor scenes, and fantasy. Hours are 4 to 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Admission is $5 for adults, $2 for ages 5-15. Information: toledominis.org.
• The annual art show at Monclova Community Center will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 6 and noon to 4 p.m. Nov. 7 at 8115 Monclova Rd., three miles west of St. Luke's Hospital. Scrimshaw, jewelry, mosaics, pottery, framed and unframed nature photography, woodcarving, greeting cards, sculpture, and glass will be for sale at this fund-raiser for the Monclova Historical Society. Information: 419-866-0435.
• An opening party for the new Egyptian exhibit at the Toledo Museum of Art will be 6:30 to 9:30 Thursday night in the museum's lower level. The theme will be 1920s Egypt, and the Museum Cafe will be transformed into a jazz-age nightclub. Admission is $15; free for members.
The Egypt Experience: Secrets of the Tomb opens Friday at the museum. Admission is $10 for adults; $8 for people 65 and older; $5 for ages 6 to 22; free for members.
Also Friday , students in museum classes will stage their annual sale from 5 to 9 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the Green Room.
The film The Mummy will be screened at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Glass Pavilion.
On Sunday, costumed children are welcome to attend a special Halloween afternoon in museum galleries from 1 to 4 p.m. Information: 419-255-8000.
• In the Open Air: Summer Pleasures, Autumn's Turn, highlights the acrylic and watercolor paintings of Adrienne Kaplan in the Hudson Gallery, Tuesday through Nov. 27, with a 5 to 7 p.m. open house Nov. 6. The gallery is at 5645 North Main St. in Sylvania.
• A Series of One-Night Stands will feature different artists and musicians Fridays Nov. 5 through Dec. 10 at Bozarts Fine Art & Music Gallery, 151 South St. Clair St. Information 419-464-5785.
• All Gifts Great & Small is the holiday gift show at 20 North Gallery, opening with a 6 to 9 p.m. reception Nov. 5. The range of media includes jewelry, paintings, photography, glass, and sculpture by more than two dozen artists. The gallery is at 18 North St. Clair St. Information: 419-241-2400.
• Jason Dziak, creative director of Shift Global, a digital strategy and design firm in Columbus, will speak about his work at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 8 in Room 206 of the Bowen Thompson Student Union at Bowling Green State University. Information: 419-372-8525.
• The Ironic Porcelain Fan exhibit closes after this weekend at the Blair Museum of Lithophanes in Toledo Botanical Garden, 5403 Elmer Drive. The museum will be open 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The museum will be shuttered until spring, with the exception of the garden's Heralding the Holidays, the first weekend in December. Information: 419-245-1356.
Items for News of Art should be sent to email@example.com at least two weeks before the event.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.