'Female Cardinal,' by Dennis Herbster, won Best of Show at the Toledo Artists' Club Winter Wonderland Show.
NOT BLADE PHOTO Enlarge
Except where indicated, all area codes are 419.
• Toledo Museum of Art: 2445 Monroe St.; 255-8000; The Egypt Experience: Secrets of the Tomb; through May, 2012. Hitchcock Gallery: Venice: Light and Landscape; through March 11. Gallery 18: Life in Miniature, Ceramic Netsuke from the Silverman Collection; through Feb. 27. Canaday Gallery: Inspired Giving: The Apollo Society 25th Anniversary Exhibition; through Feb. 13. Works on Paper Galleries: Travelers Through Ancient Lands; through Feb. 6; Glass Pavilion: Aminah Robinson: Voices That Taught Me How to Sing; through Feb. 27. Community Gallery: TMA School Show; through Jan. 4. Hours: Tue.-Thu., 10 a.m.-4; Fri., 10 a.m.-10; Sat., 10 a.m.-6; Sun., noon-6.
• Ahava Spa and Wellness Center: 34 S. St. Clair St.; 241-5877; Beth Hill: photographs; ongoing.
• Angelwood Gallery: 24195 Front St., Grand Rapids; 832-0625; Manabigama and Other Treasures; through Dec. Hours: Tue.-Sat., 11 a.m.-4; Sun., noon-4.
• Art on Central: 6540 W. Central Ave.; 350-6871; glass, ceramics, jewelry, paintings, photography; on permanent view. Hours: Mon.-Thu., 10 a.m.-7; Fri., Sat., 10 a.m.-6; Sun., 1-5.
• Black Sheep Photography Gallery: Levis Commons, Perrysburg; Cheryl Hardy: photographs; ongoing.
• Bonita Bead Boutique: 215 Conant St., Maumee; 887-4000; Semi-Precious Bead Show: through Dec. 26; Hours: Mon.-Thu., 10 a.m.-7; Fri., Sat., 10 a.m.-6.
• Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History: 315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit; 313-494-5800; Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing: How the Apollo Theater Shaped American Entertainment; through Jan. 2. Crowning Glories: Status, Style, and Self-Expression: through Jan. 17. Art of the Masters: A Survey of African American Images, 1980-2000; through Feb. The Test: Tuskegee Airmen Project: through June 19. Hours: Tue.-Sat., 9 a.m.-5; Sun., 1-5.
• Copper Moon Studio: 7154 Front St., Holland; 867-0683; Stacy Wetzel and Amy Wetzel; fused and stained glass, jewelry, photography and paintings; on permanent view. Hours: Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-6; Sat.-Sun., noon-5.
• Detroit Institute of Arts: 5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit; 313-833-7900; In Your Dreams: 500 Years of Imaginary Prints; through Jan. 2; Fakes, Forgeries, and Mysteries: through April 10. Hours: today, Wed.; 10 a.m.-4; Fri., 10 a.m.-10; Sat., Sun., 10 a.m.-5.
• D'vine Design: 116 Louisiana Ave., Perrysburg; 874-2816; jewelry, paintings, sculptures, metal works, rug weaving, poetry art; on permanent view. Hours: Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-5; Sat., 10 a.m.-3.
• Ella Sharp Museum: 3225 4th St., Jackson, Mich.; 517-787-2320; Emmet Gallery: Blue Moon Over Michigan; through Jan. 22. Pyron Gallery: The Things We Keep — Collections of Jackson; through Jan. 22. Hurst Gallery: Norman Rockwell's Home for the Holidays; through Jan. 8. Hours: Tue.-Fri., 10 a.m.-4; Sat., 11 a.m.-4.
• Firenation Glass Studio: 7166 Front St., Holland; 866-6288; original Works by Matt Paskiet: ongoing. Hours: Tue.-Sat., 11 a.m.-5.
• Flatlanders Art Galleries: 11993 East U.S. 223, Blissfield; 517-486-4591; stone sculptures of Saul Rubenstein; through Jan. 9.
• Ford Gallery: inside Spaghetti Warehouse, 42 South Superior St., Toledo; 419-255-5038; pop art, fine art, and sculptures: ongoing. Hours: Sun.-Thu., 11 a.m.-10; Fri., Sat., 11 a.m.-11.
• Frame Shop Art Gallery: 7101 Orchard Centre Drive, Holland; 868-7101; Andrei Protsouk, Marcus Glenn, James Spearman, A. Chen, J.W. Scott: serigraphs; G. Smith: blown glass; R. Mazzei: fused glass; on permanent view.
• Georgette's: 311 Conant St., Maumee; 891-8888; Bill Heban: nature photographs; through Dec. 28. Hours: Mon.-Fri., 6:30 a.m.-3; Sat., 8 a.m.-4.
• Inside Angles Custom Framing Gallery: 909 S. McCord Rd., Holland; 867-3533; Richard Reed: Multiplicity; through Dec. 30. Hours: Mon., Tue., Thu., Fri., 10 a.m.-6; Wed., 10 a.m.-7; Sat., 10 a.m.-4.
• Kellfire Glass Studio Gallery: 2620 Centennial Rd., Suite W; 517-6061; Kelly Sheehan: ongoing.
• Kuhlman Corp.: Arrowhead Business Park, 1845 Indian Woods Circle, Maumee; 897-6000; Art de Concrete; through Dec. Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5.
• Mr. Atomic Gallery & Studio: Common Space, 1700 N. Reynolds Rd., room 204; contemporary art; on permanent view. Hours: Mon.-Sat., 11 a.m.-9.
• National Center for Nature Photography: Secor Metropark, 10001 W. Central Ave., Berkey, O.; Celebrating Nature through Photography; Sat., Sun., noon-5. Final weekend.
• Ottawa County Historical Museum: 126 W. Third St., Port Clinton; 732-1039; George Jensen: digital slide show of paintings; ongoing.
• Pop-up Art Gallery: 901 Jefferson Ave.; 260-6404:Local Artists: through Dec. 23. Hours: Tue.-Fri., 11 a.m.-5:30; Sat., 11 a.m.-4.
• Prism Glass Works, Ltd.: 102 W. Wayne St., Maumee; 897-4100; Sharon Carothers, Julie Carothers: stained, leaded, and fused glass, panel and Tiffany-style lamps, mosaics, and glass jewelry: on permanent display. Hours: Tue., Wed., Fri., noon-5:30; Thu., noon-8; Sat., 10 a.m.-4.
• Richmond Gallery: 417 W. Main St., Marblehead; 798-5631; Ben Richmond: oils, watercolors, prints; on permanent view. Hours: daily, 10 a.m.-5.
• River House Arts: 115 W. Front St., Perrysburg; 874-8900; Precious Alchemy: through Dec. 30. Hours: Tue.-Sat., 11 a.m.-6; Fri., Sun., noon-4.
• Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center: Spiegel Grove, Fremont; 332-2081; Hidden Treasures of the Hayes Museum; through Feb. 27. Hours: Tue.-Sat., 9 a.m.-5; Sun., noon-5.
• Sanger Branch of the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library: 3030 W. Central Ave.; 259-5370; Darlene Krohn: jewelry and ceramic snow people; Janet Ritter Davies: watercolors: through Dec. Hours: Mon.-Tue., noon-8:30; Wed.-Sat., 9 a.m.-5:30; Sun., 1-5:30.
• Silver Lining Gallery: 122 Mechanic St.,Waterville; 441-0025; 100 local artists: glass, jewelry, photographs, pottery, paintings; on permanent view. Hours: Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6; Sun., noon-5.
• Siena Heights University: Adrian; 517-264-7141. Klemm Gallery/Studio Angelico: Faculty Show; today. Hours: Tue.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4; Sun., noon-4.
• Space 237: 237 N. Michigan St.; 255-5117; Allegories; through Jan. 8. Hours: Tue.-Fri., 11 a.m.-5; Sat., noon-4.
• Toledo-Lucas County Public Library: 325 N. Michigan St.; 259-5207; Toledo's Poetry Renaissance: The 35-Year Anniversary of the Toledo Poets Center; through Dec.; Rare Purls: Knitting Images from the Victorian Age through World War II: through Feb. 1.
• 20 North Gallery: 18 North St. Clair St.; 241-2400; All Gifts Great & Small; through Dec. Hours: Wed.-Fri., noon-4; Sat., 1-5.
• University of Michigan: Museum of Art: 525 S. State St., Ann Arbor; 734-764-0395; Danish artist Simon Dybbroe Moller; through Feb. 13; Mai-Thu Perret: multimedia; through March 13. Hours: Tue., Wed., Sat., 10 a.m.-5; Thu., Fri., 10 a.m.-10; Sun., noon-5. Kelsey Museum of Archaeology: 434 State St., Ann Arbor; Vaults of Heaven: Visions of Byzantium, Part 1; through Jan. 23. Hours: Tue.-Sun., 9 a.m.-4. Institute for the Humanities, 202 S. Thayer St., Ann Arbor; 734-615-8503; Jewish Photographers and NYC's Lower East Side: through Dec. 17.
• Wesley Memorial Gallery: narthex of Wesley United Methodist Church, 1200 Van Buren St., Fostoria; works of Don Droll; through Jan.
• Zyndorf Glass and Arts Studio/Gallery: 7965 West Central Ave.; 517-0051; fused glass and eclectic unique art; through Dec. Hours: Tue.-Sat. 10 a.m.-5,; Sun. 1-5.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.