Toledo is 5-0 in the MAC and has control of the MAC West Division.
BLADE/KATIE RAUSCH Enlarge
There is still not a ton of movement in the Mid-American Conference West division rankings. As conference play continues there is a pretty defined hierarchy right now. Here is how the MAC West stacks up:
1) Toledo (Last week: 1) – The Rockets won a MAC West showdown against Northern Illinois. The 27-17 win gave Toledo control of the MAC West with three games left. The Rockets are at MAC East leader Ohio on Wednesday.
RELATED: Shake-up in MAC East power rankings
2) Northern Illinois (Last week: 2) – The Huskies lost at Toledo last week, harming their chances at a MAC West title. They host Ball State on Thursday.
3) Central Michigan (Last week: 4) – The Chippewas earned a big 35-28 win over Western Michigan last week and sit third in the MAC West standings. They host Eastern Michigan on Wednesday.
4) Western Michigan (Last week: 3) – The Broncos lost a heartbreaker to Central Michigan last week and suffered their second conference loss. They host Kent State on Wednesday.
5) Eastern Michigan (Last week: 5) – The Eagles routed Ball State last week 56-14 in a battle of winless teams in the conference. They face Central Michigan on Wednesday.
6) Ball State (Last week: 6) – The Cardinals got blown out by Eastern Michigan last week in a battle of last-place teams. Ball State will go to Northern Illinois on Thursday.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.