1. Ohio State: The offense is rolling — again — after an inexplicable loss to Iowa two weeks ago. Michigan, beware.
2. Michigan State: From 3-9 to 9-3, that’s what the Spartans accomplish with a win over Rutgers Saturday.
3. Penn State: All Penn State had to do was hang on against Ohio State or Michigan State and it’d be in the driver’s seat for the playoff.
4. Michigan: Forget the three losses and mounting questions about Jim Harbaugh. All will be forgotten and forgiven with a win over the Buckeyes.
5. Indiana: The Hoosiers dispatched Rutgers to set up a winner-goes-to-a-bowl-game contest with archrival Purdue.
6. Rutgers: It feels like this program is in the area Indiana occupied a few years ago. There’s real hope for six wins at Rutgers in future seasons.
7. Maryland: At this point, the Terrapins are just waiting for the season to end.
1. Wisconsin: The Badgers are two wins away from the College Football Playoff.
2. Northwestern: If the Wildcats win Saturday, and they will because they’re playing Illinois, it’s a nine-win season. Northwestern would like a mulligan on Duke debacle.
3. Purdue: The winner of the Old Oaken Bucket goes to a bowl, the loser stays home for the holidays. Since the game is in West Lafayette, there might actually be a decent atmosphere.
4. Iowa: Remember when the Hawkeyes beat Ohio State by 31 points? They’ve since been outscored 62-29 in back-to-back losses to Wisconsin and Purdue.
5. Minnesota: P.J. Fleck can make his first season a success by upsetting undefeated Wisconsin on Saturday.
6. Nebraska: Sorry, Huskers. Minnesota gets the benefit of the doubt for destroying you.
7. Illinois: I’ll give the Illini credit for not allowing Ohio State to cover a 41-point spread. But it’s a bad sign when someone is favored by six touchdowns in a conference game.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.