A Detroit man found guilty of cheating at the Hollywood Casino Toledo was sentenced to community control, including an order not to enter the casino.
Toyree Hawthorne, 35, was sentenced in Lucas County Common Pleas Court Wednesday to three years of community control and ordered to pay $430 in restitution. If he fails any condition of the order, he could face up to one year in prison, Judge Linda Jennings said.
Authorities said gaming officials witnessed Hawthorne cheating while playing craps at the casino June 24. A co-defendant, Cordero Young, who was a dealer at the casino, has a Nov. 26 trial date.
- Toledo officials make last-minute move to keep guns out of neo-Nazi rally
- Hollywood Casino catches disco fever
- Woman gets probation for food-stamp sale
- Toledoan convicted of robbery indicted on 2 new counts
- Toledoan charged in jail assault not guilty by reason of insanity