Loading…
Monday, December 22, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsCourts
Published: Friday, 1/4/2013

Hearing set for Jan. 16 on threats at Otsego High

BLADE STAFF

BOWLING GREEN — A pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Jan. 16 in the case of an Otsego High School student charged with threatening to bring a gun to school and shoot people days after the school shooting in Connecticut that killed 26 people, including 20 grade-school children.

The 17-year-old boy was released Monday from the Wood County Juvenile Detention Center, where he had been in custody since his Dec. 17 arrest on charges of delinquency in connection with inducing panic and disorderly conduct.

Juvenile Court Judge David Woessner allowed the youth to go home with his mother on conditions that he remain under house arrest, stay away from Otsego school property, and have no other contact with the school district.

Investigators said when students discussed the Connecticut shootings, the boy told schoolmates he planned to bring a gun to school. If found delinquent, he could face 90 days in the juvenile-detention center on each misdemeanor-level count.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.