A Toledo man was sentenced Friday to life in prison for raping two preschool-aged girls.
Darrell Pegish, II, 33, of 15 Greenwood Ave. pleaded guilty before Judge Dean Mandros in Lucas County Common Pleas Court to two counts of rape.
Judge Mandros then sentenced him to life in prison with eligibility for parole after 30 years. The judge also classified him as a sex offender who must register his address with the county sheriff for the rest of his life.
Pegish admitted in court that he engaged in sexual conduct with a 4-year-old girl between June 1, 2012, and July 27, 2012, and with a 5-year-old girl on March 16, 2012.
- Toledo officials make last-minute move to keep guns out of neo-Nazi rally
- Toledoan sentenced in assault of transgender woman
- Woman gets probation for food-stamp sale
- Toledoan convicted of robbery indicted on 2 new counts
- Toledoan charged in jail assault not guilty by reason of insanity