LOS ANGELES — A source says Mel Gibson’s former girlfriend has told a judge hearing the couple’s child custody dispute that she is dropping allegations that the Oscar-winner struck her during a fight last year.
The source who is familiar with the case says Oksana Grigorieva told a family law judge Wednesday that she was withdrawing all domestic violence allegations against Gibson from the case. Most of the case is sealed and the source spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the dispute.
The move doesn’t affect a misdemeanor battery case in which the actor-director pleaded no contest in March. His plea didn’t include an admission of guilt and cannot be used against him in a civil lawsuit. He remains on probation and is undergoing domestic violence counseling.
Gibson’s attorney, Stephen Kolodny, declined comment.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.