• PERI Chapter 93, 1 p.m. June 24, Oregon Fire Station 2 at 1102 South Wheeling St. Speaker, business meeting, and refreshments. 419-691-3040.
• Toledo Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society meets 7 p.m., Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1400 State Park Rd., the last Thursday each month. 419-691-3788.
• Summer camp for ages 3-12, sponsored by the East Toledo Family Center at the Heffner Early Childhood Center, 255 Heffner St., through Aug. 20. 419-691-4609, ext. 227.
• Tai Chi for Health, exercises from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 6, Lutheran Home community room, 131 North Wheeling St. Call for fees and registration: 419-537-0131.
• Annual Portage River Festival, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. June 27, at Depot Park in Elmore. Food, live music, craft show, Redneck Lawnmower Pulling Contest, car show, cake baking contest. Portage River Bicycle Tour and The Portage River 5K Run. “Red, White and Boom” fireworks spectacular at 5 p.m. at the Woodmore High School, 633 Fremont St. elmorehs.tripod.com/index.html or 419-260-1282.
• Comedy for a Cause benefit for Lake Township and Millbury, 8 p.m. June 25 at Connxtions Comedy Club, 5319 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo. Tickets, $15, available at LakeTornadoRelief.com, or 617-717-5361.
• You Lucky Dog taco dinner fund-raiser, 5 p.m. to midnight June 26, Millbury Fire Hall, 28410 Oak St. Music by The Taken and DJ Ghost. Admission, $25 for all you can eat and drink. Benefits You Lucky Dog rescue and sanctuary, with 25 percent of proceeds to the Millbury Disaster Relief Fund. 419-690-9509.
• Eastwood High School summer baseball camp at the high school field, 4900 Sugar Ridge Rd., July 7-8. For ages 7-11, camp held 9 to 11 a.m., and noon to 2 p.m. for ages 12-15. Cost is $40 per camper, $175 for a team of 5, or $350 for a team of 10. 419-833-3611.
• Tornado Victim fundraiser dinner and auction to benefit the Mendosa/Rison family, 3 p.m. June 27, Bill's Bistro at Comfort Inn, 2426 Oregon Rd. Auctions, 50/50 raffle. $10. 419-697-6959.
• MetroBarks Festival: A Day for Dogs, Secor Metropark, West Central Avenue, Berkey, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 26. Pet Idol winners gather for a live broadcast on WTOL, 8-10 a.m. Winners announced 9:45 a.m. The Mutt Show, 9:30 a.m. Paws in the Park Walk, 11 a.m. To register for any of the programs, visit MetroparksToledo.com
• Crosby Festival of the Arts preview party, 6 to 10 p.m. June 25, Toledo Botanical Garden, 5403 Elmer Drive. $75. Tickets: 419-536-5597 or toledogarden.org.
• Crosby Festival of the Arts, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. June 26 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 27, Toledo Botanical Garden, 5403 Elmer Drive. Over 230 artists; entertainment, food. Admission is $8. Free for children ages 12 and under and TBG members.
• Brown Bag Outdoor Concerts: 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesdays through July 28 on the north lawn, Main Library downtown, 325 Michigan St. June 23: Randy and the Reef Sharks play oldies music. June 30: Elixer plays acoustic Beatles music. Free.
• Crafters needed for Lagrange Street Polish Festival, July 9-11. Contract and costs: 419-255-8406, ext. 304.
• Give Autism the Boot Ride, 11 a.m. June 26, UAW Hall, 2300 Ashland Ave., a benefit for the Great Lakes Center for Autism, co-hosted by the Toledo Warthogs Motorcycle Club. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Tickets, $25 or $35 for a rider and passenger, include the After Party at 8 p.m. Food provided; music by “Menace to Sobriety.” toledowarthogsmc.com.
• Rotary Club of Toledo, noon June 28, the Park Inn, 101 North Summit St. Speaker: Amy Swank on investor protection.
• Scrap4Art Summer Workshop, 1501 Adams St., Flower Art crafts for ages 12 and older, 10 a.m. to noon June 26. Fee, $10. Register at 419-720-2978.
• Nature Camp for ages 7 to 12, Wildwood Preserve, Metroparks Hall, 5100 West Central Ave., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, June 28 through Aug. 20. Fee, $95 per week. Preschool Camp for ages 3-4, 10 to 11:30 a.m. June 14-18, $45. Metroparks Explorers ages 5 to 6, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 26-30, $95. Teen Adventure Camp for ages 12 to 16, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 21 to 25, $125. Reservations, scholarship information: 419-407-9701.
• Wolcott Days History Day Camp for children entering grades 3-6, June 28, 29, 30, and July 1 at Wolcott House Museum Grounds, 1031 River Rd., Maumee. Morning session, 10 a.m. to noon or afternoon, 1 to 3 p.m. Cost, $10 per session, $8 for members. Dig It! Archaeology for Kids one-day camp, for grades 4-7, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. July 2, $20. Deadline to register: June 25. Call 419-893-9602 or wolcotthouse.org.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.