• “Bonofest,” Elliston Road off State Route 2, Sept. 5, 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Barbecue chicken or ham dinners. Raffles, bingo, games, ethnic food, and music.
• 14th Annual Grub ‘N Suds at Depot Park, 253 Ottawa St., from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sept. 11. Sponsored by the Elmore Historical Society and in cooperation with A.B.A.T.E. (American Bikers Aimed Toward Education) of Ohio Region #7. Food and drinks a la carte. No wristbands this year. Motorcyclist poker run, bike games, bike show and music.
• Experimental Aircraft Association Capter 50 meeting at Hinde Field, 1819 Boos Rd., 1:30 p.m. Sept. 5. Flight Safety at Uncontrolled Airports presented by Ben Gleanson. Public welcome. Call 440-258-1761.
• Immunization/WIC Clinics at The Municipal Building, 6000 Wales Rd., Sept. 9 and 23 for WIC, and Sept. 28 for WIC, clinic, and immunizations. Walk-in from 9:30 a.m. to noon or 1-3 p.m. Call 419-354-9661 for WIC, 419-354-9049 for clinic, and 419-354-5556 for an immunization appointment. Bring your shot record.
• Hog Roast at the VFW Post 9816, 1802 Ashcroft Drive, at 4 p.m. Sept. 11. Mutch Mahr's Redneck Rascals band entertaining at 8 p.m. Proceeds for the cooler and ice machine. Public welcome. Tickets: $9 tickets limited. 419-698-8178.
• “Theology with Toast” every second Wednesday of the month at Little Sisters of the Poor, 930 South Wynn, 10 a.m. Sister Cecelia LSP will present Saint Jeanne Jugan, a new saint, Sept. 8. Coffee, tea, and rolls at 9:30 a.m. Information: Alice, 419-698-0405 or Ruth, 419-691-9723.
• Christ United Methodist Church Rummage and bake sale, 5757 Starr Ave., from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept. 9, and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sept. 10, with $2 Bag Day. Lunch is available for purchase.
• Annual Guest Night Dinner and program at the Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman St., Sept. 9. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. Cost: $10.50 inclusive. For reservations call Dorothy Francis, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
• Toledo Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society meets at 7 p.m. the last Thursday of each month, Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1400 State Park Rd., 419-691-3788.
• Toastmasters Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month, Lake Michigan room, Bay Park Community Hospital, 2801 Bay Park Drive. 419-836-5051.
• Western Lake Erie Association meets at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month at Bay Park Community Hospital, Lake Erie room, 2801 Bay Park Drive. Learn about algal blooms, open-lake dumping, and fish kills. 419-691-3788.
• Euchre, 2 p.m. every Sunday at VFW Post 9816 at 1802 Ashcroft Drive. 419-698-8178.
• Eastwood Eagles Football Pre-Game Tailgate Fundraiser hosted by the Eastwood Baseball Program at the high school, 4900 Sugar Ridge Rd., 4:30 p.m. Sept. 3. Pulled pork, choice of potato, cole slaw or applesauce, rolls, desserts, and drink. Cost: $8 adult and $5 for 10 years and under.
• Walbridge VFW Post 9963 Euchre Tournament at 109 North Main St., Sept. 4, from 1 p.m. until finish. Fee: $10, includes lunch.
• “Back-to-School” Kid's Fun Fair at the Body of Christ Fellowship Church, 5612 West Bancroft St., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 11. Free health screenings for children who are without health insurance. Any child requiring eyeglasses will receive a voucher for a free eye examination by a local eye doctor and a voucher for a free pair of eyeglasses. The Toledo Health Department will provide immunizations. All children who attend will receive free school supplies. Call 419-464-8586.
• Senior Discovery Days at The Toledo Zoo, 2700 Broadway St., 419-385-5721, Sept. and Oct. Free admission and special events each Tuesday. Call to reserve a spot on a specific tour at ext. 2110. For information: toledozoo.org/events/seniordiscovery.
• Toledo's 4th Annual Out of the Darkness Community Walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Sept. 11, at Olander Park, 6930 Sylvania Ave., Sylvania, 419-882-8313. Registration at park at 9 a.m. with walk at 10 a.m. To register, donate or learn more: outofthedarkness.org.
• Free English Classes for speakers of other languages through the Owens Community College ABLE Program in the Washington Local Campus site, 3939 Wrenwood, Toledo, 419-473-2364. Classes will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3 p.m.
• Wildwood Preserve, 5100 West Central Ave., has these activities scheduled: Tea in the Solarium, Manor House, noon to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 3, cost $7 and $.60 for each additional item, to register call 419-490-1302; Troubleshoot Your Landscape, Metroparks Hall, 1-4 p.m. Sept. 4, cost $10. Reservations needed; 419-407-9700.
• Side Cut Explorer: Side Cut Park, 1025 West River Rd., Maumee, Riverview Area, 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Tuesdays through October. Cruise along the banks of the Maumee River and down the canal in an open air trolley. Wheelchair accessible tram. Reservations needed. Cost: $2. 419-407-9700
• Glass City Singles Dance and Parties, for singles 21 and up at Gladieux Meadows, 4480 Heatherdowns, Sept. 5, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., toledosingles.com.
• Maumee Valley Heritage Corridor has scheduled narrated history and architectural tours aboard the Sandpiper boat on the Maumee River through September. The cruises travel upstream from downtown Toledo and visit such highlights as the SS Willis Boyer freighter, the grain elevators, the casino location, estate homes in Eagle Point Colony, and one of the nation's busiest railroad bridges. Dates for the two-hour cruises are 1 p.m. Sept. 5, and 1 p.m. Sept. 19. The cost is $18 per person, or $15 for members of any historical organization in the Maumee Valley. For reservations, call the Sandpiper at 419-537-1212.
• Jermain Park Shuffleboard Club plays 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays each week through September at Upton and North Cove. To join, call 419-824-5173.
• Bed bugs is the topic at Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5403 Elmer Drive, 1-3 p.m. Sept. 2. Dr. Susan Jones, OSU Extension Entomologist and Researcher will give the latest information, identification tools, and control techniques. Free and open to the public. For reservations call 419-578-6783 or email@example.com.
• Local 14 Women's Committee Annual Flea Market at the UAW Local 14 Hall, 5411 Jackman Rd., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 12. Park-N-Shine Car Show at Oscar Bunch Family Park. Vendors space available inside or out, $15 or $10 each. Contact: Robin Marr, 419-297-0609 or Lori Schultz, 419-344-4791.
• Ecumenical Bereavement Support Group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish in the Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., 3-4:30 p.m. Sept. 7. Speaker: Susie Waible-Rose.
• Flag Football, City of Toledo Division of Recreation and Toledo Community Recreation Program, ages: 6-8 years, 9-11 years, 12-14 years; $150/team, individuals welcome. Games at Scott Park Sports Complex, Monday-Friday, begining Sept. 14, 5 p.m., 5:45 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. To register call, Jim at 419-936-3090 or 419-356-1077 by Sept. 1. Flag Football information will be held on Sept. 1 at 2 p.m. at the Zablocki Center, 3015 Lagrange St.
• Toledo Gem and Rockhound Club's 39th Annual Jewelry, Gem and Mineral Show at the Stranahan Theater Complex, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., 2-8 p.m. Sept. 10, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 11, and 5 p.m. Sept. 12. Donation is $4 for adults, $3 for students and seniors over 55 with ID. Children under 12 with an adult and scouts in uniform are free.
• “Singing for Survivors” Karaoke Fund-raiser to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's annual Light the Night Walk, 4-8 p.m. Sept. 5 at El Camino Real Mexican Restaurant, 2500 Sylvania Ave., in the basement dining room. $5 donations will be accepted to participate in karaoke. The restaurant will have an all-you-can-eat taco bar for $10, with LLS receiving $5 from each meal. Contact: Charmaine Davis, 216-370-7855 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Sheri Kellner at 216-910-1217.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.