• Prize Bingo presented by Oregon Business and Professional Women at Fire Station 2, 1102 South Wheeling, doors open 6 p.m., 7-9 p.m., Oct. 14. Refreshments available. Tickets: $5. Call Kathy, 419-693-6409 or Dolores, 419-693-8701.
• “Festive Colorful Fashion Style Show,” for area women at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman St., doors open 11:45 a.m., buffet noon, program 12:30p.m., Oct. 14. Reservations: Dorothy Francis, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633. Cost: $10.50 inclusive.
• “Theology with Toast” every second Wednesday of the month at Little Sisters of the Poor, 930 South Wynn Rd., 10 a.m. Coffee, tea, and rolls at 9:30 a.m. Information: Alice, 419-698-0405, or Ruth, 419-691-9723.
• Blockwatch Meeting, Memorial United Church of Christ, 1301 Starr Ave., 6-7 p.m., every second Thursday of each month. For neighbors and businesses in our perimeter in the areas of Raymer Elementary and St. Thomas Aquinas Church. 419-697-9975.
• Toledo Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society meets at 7 p.m. the last Thursday of each month, Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1400 State Park Rd., 419-691-3788.
• Toastmasters Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month, Lake Michigan room, Bay Park Community Hospital, 2801 Bay Park Drive. 419-836-5051.
• Brush pickup, City of Northwood Street Department will conduct the brush pickup. Homeowners are allowed one pile of brush no larger than 4 feet tall and 15 feet long, neatly stacked with cut ends facing toward the street, at curbside or roadway by 7 a.m., Oct. 18. Annual leaf pickup to begin Oct. 25.
• Ottawa County No Wrong Door training at Riverview Healthcare Campus, 8180 West State Rt. 163, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Oct. 14, registration at 8:30 a.m. No wrong door philosophy is to ensure everyone is directed to services and programs that can help. Cost: $10 per person includes breakfast, lunch, and all supplies. Contact: United Way in Ottawa County, 419-734-6645.
• Walbridge Book Group meeting in the Walbridge Branch Library, 108 North Main St., 1 p.m., Oct. 18. Discussion on The Leisure Seeker by Michael Zadoorian.
• Ageless Wonders of Lake Township lunch at the Senior Center, 705 North Main St., noon, Oct. 14. Cost: $2. Short meeting following lunch to discuss Christmas luncheon in December.
• Scout Troop 344 Second Annual Pumpkin Run, 5K and 1 mile/walk/run to benefit the local community food pantry at Fire Hall, 104 East Front St., 1:30 p.m., Oct. 24. Entry fee: $20. bsa344.com/troop344/
• Annual Fall Gathering at Otterbein Portage Valley auditorium, 20311 Pemberville Rd., 7 p.m., Oct. 14. Tim Kreps tells stories that bring the past to life through artifacts and antiques. Free. Information: 419-849-2054.
• Good Shepherd Rosary Altar Society fall rummage sale in the gym, Nevada and Utah Sts., 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 13, and 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Oct. 15, which is $1 bag day. Call 419-693-2307.
• Fall craft show, Lutheran Home at Toledo, 131 North Wheeling St. Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 16 in the community room.