• Prize Bingo presented by Oregon Business and Professional Women at Fire Station 2, 1102 South Wheeling, doors open 6 p.m., 7-9 p.m., Oct. 14. Refreshments available. Tickets: $5. Call Kathy, 419-693-6409 or Dolores, 419-693-8701.
• “Festive Colorful Fashion Style Show,” for area women at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman St., doors open 11:45 a.m., buffet noon, program 12:30p.m., Oct. 14. Reservations: Dorothy Francis, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633. Cost: $10.50 inclusive.
• “Theology with Toast” every second Wednesday of the month at Little Sisters of the Poor, 930 South Wynn Rd., 10 a.m. Coffee, tea, and rolls at 9:30 a.m. Information: Alice, 419-698-0405, or Ruth, 419-691-9723.
• Blockwatch Meeting, Memorial United Church of Christ, 1301 Starr Ave., 6-7 p.m., every second Thursday of each month. For neighbors and businesses in our perimeter in the areas of Raymer Elementary and St. Thomas Aquinas Church. 419-697-9975.
• Toledo Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society meets at 7 p.m. the last Thursday of each month, Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1400 State Park Rd., 419-691-3788.
• Toastmasters Club meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesday of each month, Lake Michigan room, Bay Park Community Hospital, 2801 Bay Park Drive. 419-836-5051.
• Brush pickup, City of Northwood Street Department will conduct the brush pickup. Homeowners are allowed one pile of brush no larger than 4 feet tall and 15 feet long, neatly stacked with cut ends facing toward the street, at curbside or roadway by 7 a.m., Oct. 18. Annual leaf pickup to begin Oct. 25.
• Ottawa County No Wrong Door training at Riverview Healthcare Campus, 8180 West State Rt. 163, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Oct. 14, registration at 8:30 a.m. No wrong door philosophy is to ensure everyone is directed to services and programs that can help. Cost: $10 per person includes breakfast, lunch, and all supplies. Contact: United Way in Ottawa County, 419-734-6645.
• Walbridge Book Group meeting in the Walbridge Branch Library, 108 North Main St., 1 p.m., Oct. 18. Discussion on The Leisure Seeker by Michael Zadoorian.
• Ageless Wonders of Lake Township lunch at the Senior Center, 705 North Main St., noon, Oct. 14. Cost: $2. Short meeting following lunch to discuss Christmas luncheon in December.
• Scout Troop 344 Second Annual Pumpkin Run, 5K and 1 mile/walk/run to benefit the local community food pantry at Fire Hall, 104 East Front St., 1:30 p.m., Oct. 24. Entry fee: $20. bsa344.com/troop344/
• Annual Fall Gathering at Otterbein Portage Valley auditorium, 20311 Pemberville Rd., 7 p.m., Oct. 14. Tim Kreps tells stories that bring the past to life through artifacts and antiques. Free. Information: 419-849-2054.
• Good Shepherd Rosary Altar Society fall rummage sale in the gym, Nevada and Utah Sts., 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oct. 13, and 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Oct. 15, which is $1 bag day. Call 419-693-2307.
• Fall craft show, Lutheran Home at Toledo, 131 North Wheeling St. Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 16 in the community room.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.