• Parent/Teacher Conferences at Genoa Area High School, 4-7:30 p.m., Nov. 4., and 8-11:30 a.m., Nov. 5. Fifteen-minute time intervals. Parents wishing to set up a conference with one or more teachers, office 419-855-7735, ext. 10. Make appointments prior to Nov. 4.
• CCA Basketball Tryouts, 5 p.m., Nov. 9 and 11, and 9 a.m., Nov. 13. Open to all middle and high school aged boys in the Genoa area. Information: Monica, 419-307-3407.
• Halloween Fun at Woodville Mall, 3725 Williston Rd., 12-5 p.m., Saturday. Costume contest, games, activities, prizes, local musical entertainment, free snacks and treats. Help stomp out hunger by donating a nonperishable food item to the Toledo Northwestern Ohio Food Bank in bins at the mall.
• Challenger Learning Center of Lucas County partners with Oregon Community Theatre to present a live tribute performance of Orson Welles radio play adaptation of H. G. Wells' “War of the Worlds,” 4955 Seaman Rd., 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday. Reception with cast, tour the center, view the planets, stars (weather permitting). Tickets: $8, $5 for those born before Oct. 30, 1938, with ID. For tickets: 419-691-1398. Web sites: oregoncommunitytheatre.org and challenger-lc.org.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church celebrating Reformation with Homecoming events, 4155 Pickle Rd., worship services 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Sunday. 50th anniversary celebration, all current and former members are encouraged to attend. Potluck at noon. Information: 419-691-9407 or princeofpeaceoregon.com.
• Members of the P.E.R.I. Chapter 93 will meet at Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 South Wheeling St., 1 p.m., Thursday.
• Ladies Auxiliary to the VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St., 7:30 Wednesday night, hosting those who ever served as a president in any ladies auxiliary in Lucas County. Call Shirley Lamb, 419-698-2455.
• Toledo Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society meets at 7 p.m. the last Thursday of each month, Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1400 State Park Rd., 419-691-3788.
• Trick or Trunk Mass, St. Ignatius Catholic Church, 212 North Stadium Rd.,6:30 Wednesday night. Safe evening for kids to trick or treat after Mass. 419-693-1150.
• VFW Lakeshore Memorial Post 9816 Annual Feather Party, 1802 Ashcroft Drive 7 p.m., Nov. 6. Raffles for hams, turkeys, steaks. Snacks and refreshments provided.
• Community Food Pantry at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 220 Cedar St., has new hours, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays, excluding holidays. The pantry is for any Eastwood School District residents needing food. Take current ID. Office: 419-287-4182. The Good Samaritan Fund is for any Eastwood School District resident needing help with utilities and prescriptions.
• Walbridge VFW Post 9963 Euchre Tournament, 109 North Main St., 1 p.m., Nov. 6. Cost: $10 entry fee, includes lunch. Sponsored by the Men's Auxiliary.
• East Toledo Historical Society meeting, Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., 7 p.m., Thursday.
• Euchre 2 p.m. every Sunday at VFW Post 9816 at 1802 Ashcroft Drive. 419-698-8178.