• Parent/Teacher Conferences at Genoa Area High School, 4-7:30 p.m., Nov. 4., and 8-11:30 a.m., Nov. 5. Fifteen-minute time intervals. Parents wishing to set up a conference with one or more teachers, office 419-855-7735, ext. 10. Make appointments prior to Nov. 4.
• CCA Basketball Tryouts, 5 p.m., Nov. 9 and 11, and 9 a.m., Nov. 13. Open to all middle and high school aged boys in the Genoa area. Information: Monica, 419-307-3407.
• Halloween Fun at Woodville Mall, 3725 Williston Rd., 12-5 p.m., Saturday. Costume contest, games, activities, prizes, local musical entertainment, free snacks and treats. Help stomp out hunger by donating a nonperishable food item to the Toledo Northwestern Ohio Food Bank in bins at the mall.
• Challenger Learning Center of Lucas County partners with Oregon Community Theatre to present a live tribute performance of Orson Welles radio play adaptation of H. G. Wells' “War of the Worlds,” 4955 Seaman Rd., 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday. Reception with cast, tour the center, view the planets, stars (weather permitting). Tickets: $8, $5 for those born before Oct. 30, 1938, with ID. For tickets: 419-691-1398. Web sites: oregoncommunitytheatre.org and challenger-lc.org.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church celebrating Reformation with Homecoming events, 4155 Pickle Rd., worship services 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Sunday. 50th anniversary celebration, all current and former members are encouraged to attend. Potluck at noon. Information: 419-691-9407 or princeofpeaceoregon.com.
• Members of the P.E.R.I. Chapter 93 will meet at Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 South Wheeling St., 1 p.m., Thursday.
• Ladies Auxiliary to the VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St., 7:30 Wednesday night, hosting those who ever served as a president in any ladies auxiliary in Lucas County. Call Shirley Lamb, 419-698-2455.
• Toledo Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society meets at 7 p.m. the last Thursday of each month, Maumee Bay State Park Lodge, 1400 State Park Rd., 419-691-3788.
• Trick or Trunk Mass, St. Ignatius Catholic Church, 212 North Stadium Rd.,6:30 Wednesday night. Safe evening for kids to trick or treat after Mass. 419-693-1150.
• VFW Lakeshore Memorial Post 9816 Annual Feather Party, 1802 Ashcroft Drive 7 p.m., Nov. 6. Raffles for hams, turkeys, steaks. Snacks and refreshments provided.
• Community Food Pantry at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 220 Cedar St., has new hours, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Mondays through Thursdays, excluding holidays. The pantry is for any Eastwood School District residents needing food. Take current ID. Office: 419-287-4182. The Good Samaritan Fund is for any Eastwood School District resident needing help with utilities and prescriptions.
• Walbridge VFW Post 9963 Euchre Tournament, 109 North Main St., 1 p.m., Nov. 6. Cost: $10 entry fee, includes lunch. Sponsored by the Men's Auxiliary.
• East Toledo Historical Society meeting, Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., 7 p.m., Thursday.
• Euchre 2 p.m. every Sunday at VFW Post 9816 at 1802 Ashcroft Drive. 419-698-8178.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.