Homes in one of the first subdivisions built in Oregon will be highlighted during the Oregon-Jerusalem Historical Society's holiday home tour Dec. 3 and 4.
Now known as Old Eastmoreland, the subdivision was called Euclid Park when it was platted in 1923 with 248 lots.
It is uncertain when it acquired the name Old East- moreland.
Six homes are on the list to be visited, including one of the oldest homes and the newest home in the subdivision.
Neither has been on previous tours.
Each home offers distinctive features and/or architecture.
Flat terrain in the subdivision, the result of glacial movement and overflow of Otter Creek, was appealing for home construction, according to the historical society.1 1
St. John Lutheran Church home tour start
The tour is to begin at First St. John Lutheran Church, 2471 Seaman St., where the historical society will provide refreshments.
After participants complete the tour of Old Eastmoreland, the final stop will be at the Lutheran Home Society orphanage, 2411 Seaman.
The facility closed in 1964 and retains it original furnishing, according to the historical society.
The home tour began as an annual event in 2005, but after several years it was switched to biennial to keep up the interest, according to Connie Isbell, historical member who is involved in the event that attracts about 250 people.
She noted that this is the first time the tour has featured a "neighborhood" theme.
Homes on the tour are:
- 2478 Randall (a 1924 Dutch colonial) owned by Jason and Kristin Perkins.
- 546 Sylvandale (a 1952 Cape Cod) owned by Douglas and Debbie Dippman.
- 2452 Eastmoreland (1953 neo-eclectic) owned by J.J. and Maggie Edwards.
- 541 Grasser (1948 colonial revival) owned by David and Laura Baker.
- 704 Ansonia (circa 1940 stone Cape Cod) owned by Carol Basinger.
- 617 Ansonia (2010 New York brownstone) owned by Jonathon and Sharon Perry.
Tours will be scheduled at 15-minute intervals from noon to 4 p.m. both days. Tickets are on sale now.
Advance tickets, $10, can be purchased by contacting Wanda, 419-691-8328, or Connie, 419-367-5254.
Tickets at the door at First St. John Lutheran Church are $12.