● Elmore Kiwanis pasta supper at Woodmore High School, 633 Fremont St., Elmore, 4:30-7 p.m. Saturday before basketball game Woodmore vs. Gibsonburg. Tickets: $6 adults; $5 seniors, and $4 children under 12, or immediate family ticket for $15. Kiwanis will feed the team after the supper.
● Free clinical breast exams, screening mammograms, and education. St. Luke’s Hospital in the Radiology Department, 5901 Monclova Rd., Maumee, 9 a.m.-noon Wednesday. Funded by the the northwest Ohio affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Limited appointments available, 419-893-5988.
● Shots 4 Tots at St. Luke’s Hospital, Classroom 2, 5901 Monclova Rd., noon-2 p.m. and 3-6 p.m. Jan. 17. Providing immunizations for area children. The MMR booster shot for seventh graders will be available. No appointment needed, but must bring your child’s immunization records. Cost: $10 per injection; no child will be turned away for inability to pay. Information: 419-213-4121.
● Owens Community College Alumni Association board meeting at Owens Audio Visual Classroom Center 125-128, 30335 Oregon Rd., 5 p.m. Monday.
● Square and contra dancing at Rossford United Methodist Church, 270 Dixie Hwy., beginner’s instruction 7-8 p.m., dance 7:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday. Music by Scarlet Runner String Band. Calling by Hillegonds. No partner is necessary. Admission: $7 adults; $5 students, notmad.org.
● Parade floats and cardboard sleds needed for the Whitehouse Winterfest to be held at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 9. Registration forms: 419-877-5383.
● Woodville 4th of July Celebration Committee meeting, 7 p.m. today, Woodville Legion/Youth Center, 200 S. Elm St. Public is welcome to attend; volunteers are being sought to assist with the celebration.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
● Tween and adult knitting group, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Mondays.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Homework helper, 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Teenspace, 4 p.m. Thursdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays. Call for information.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● ABLE Mobile Benefit Bank advocates from 2:30-5 p.m. Wednesday.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays when school is in session. Call for information.
● Coupon swap meet, second Tuesday of the month, starting today. Call for information.
●Pinterest party, 7 p.m. Jan. 16.
● Woodville Township Fire Department pancake and sausage breakfast, 321 E. Main St., Woodville, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. All the pancakes you can eat! Cost: $6.50 adults; $5.50 children under 12; and $6 seniors. Free blood pressure checks by Life Squad 91.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon every Sunday. Cost: $5. Children’s menu also available. 419-666-7762.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. every Friday. Lake Perch or pollock. Shrimp, steaks, chicken strips, and burgers also available. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat Alaskan walleyes, $8. Children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Thursdays at Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for non-members. 419-691-2254.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. Wednesdays.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
Birthday celebration, noon Jan. 16.
Cold weather preparedness presentation, 11:45 a.m. Jan. 16. Learn first aid.
Winter weather safety class, 12:30 p.m. Jan. 18.
Super Bowl party, noon Jan. 31.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information: Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
YMCA fitness course, 9-9:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. $1 per class or $20 for 8 weeks. Light weights required.
Cold weather preparedness course, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call for information.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Movie day, 1 and 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.