● The Maumee Valley Historical Society Lecture Series “Settlement and Growth of Maumee River towns in NW Ohio”, 1035 River Rd., 4:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, today, Feb. 26 and March 5, 12, and 19. Cost: $10 per person ($5 for MVHS members). Refreshments and materials provided. wolcotthouse.org or Darlene Limmer, 419-666-6632.
● American Cancer Society’s '80s Skate Night for the Cure at Ohio Skate, 1370 Conant St., 6:30-8:30 p.m. Feb. 28. The Relay for Live Team, Papa Toolz Pit Crew, invites public to take part. Admission: $4. Skate rental: $1. Proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.
● Auditions for Are We There Yet? for the Oregon Community Theatre’s spring show will be held at the Fassett Auditorium, 3025 Starr Ave., 6 p.m. today. Shows are April 19-21 and April 26-27, 2013. Details: 419-691-1398.
● Members of P.E.R.I., Chapter 93 meeting at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., 1 p.m. Feb. 28. Speaker, business meeting, coffee, cookies, and fellowship. All P.E.R.S. retirees welcome.
● Homesteading: Maple Sugaring at Pearson Metropark’s Johlin Cabin, 4600 Starr Ave., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. March 2. See how much home life has changed in the last 145 years. Free; reservations needed. 419-407-9701.
● ISOH/IMPACT 2013 Hope Gala sponsored by the Hilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons, 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction, followed by program at 7 p.m. Feb. 28. WTVG 13abc anchorman, Jeff Smith as emcee. Special music by harpist Joy Cambell. Benefits to build the International Hope Center. Details and tickets: isohimpact.org.
● American Girl doll tea at First United Methodist Church, 200 W. Second St., 1 p.m. March 2. Bring your American Girl doll or stuffed animal. All girls will receive a free piece of doll clothing and do a craft. Sweets, sandwiches, and cold drinks provided. Handmade doll clothes available for purchase. Limited seating. Cost: $10 for girl and doll; $5 adult. For tickets: 419-874-1911 or call Tolanda Kronfield, 419-874-3675.
● All Saints Catholic School open house, 630 Lime City Rd., 2 p.m. March 3. For preschool to eighth grade. Details: 419-661-2070.
● Card party, Catholic War Veterans Logsdon Walla Auxiliary, 2857 Airport Hwy., 12 p.m.-4 p.m. March 3. Join us for lunch, fun, prizes, raffles. Donation: $8. Reservations by Feb. 28: Barbara Hagen, 419-882-6785.
● Y for Your Community Silent Auction for Anthony Wayne Community YMCA in the Monclova Community Center, 8115 Monclova Rd., 5-8 p.m. Friday. Free babysitting available at the center. Benefits scholarship fund. Admission: $5 at the door; $4 in advance (at the AW Y). Details: Gail McNeely, 419-441-0013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Waterville Playshop Auditions for the production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. Second St., adults only 7-9 p.m. March 1; children only 4-5 p.m. March 3; and adults only 5-7 p.m. March 3. Come prepared to sing with accompaniment with something from the show or a song similar to the music of the show and to dance. Children and any adult interested in just the chorus will be required to dance. Performances will be May 3-5 at the Maumee Indoor Theatre. Information: Sam at SMacera859@aol.com or 419-878-6826.
● Winter art classes, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St.: Fairy Garden Houses with Diane Giddens from Oak Park Landscape, teaching how to paint houses for your fairy gardens 6-8 p.m. Monday. All materials supplied. Wear old clothing or bring a smock (ages 12 and over). Cost: $23 per person. Reservations: 419-877-5383 or whitehouseoh.gov.
● The Kitchen of Hope serving a free dinner at Zoar Lutheran Church, 314 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg, noon-1 p.m. Friday. Meal is provided free to all Wood County residents on fixed incomes including senior citizens.
● The Wood County Chapter of Ohio Genealogical Society meeting in the Wood County District Public Library Meeting Room, 251 N. Main St., Bowling Green, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 26. Judy Justus, Perrysburg Historian will present “How NOT to Write Your Family History.” Information: 419-352-3303.
● Cabin Fever Brunch, Hungarian Club of Toledo, 224 Paine Ave., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Menu includes Hungarian stuffed cabbage, salad, and Hungarian filled crepes (palascinta). Cost: $8 in advance; $10 at the door; $5 for children under 12. Craft and art sale. Entertainment 10:15-10:45 a.m. Details: Carol LaBounty, 419-874-1060 or Eric Bergman, 419-260-2553.
● Pancake breakfast at First St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 1121 Grasser St., Oregon, 8-11 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $3 children.
● Genoa American Legion Post 324, all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast, 302 West St., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children. 419-855-7049.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon Sundays. Cost: $5. Children’s menu also available. 419-666-7762.
● Cass Road Baptist Church’s pancakes and sausage breakfast with eggs strata, 1400 Cass Rd., Maumee, 8:30-10:30 a.m. March 2. All the pancakes you can eat. Cost: $5 adults; $2 children 6-10; and free to children 5 and under. Tickets may be purchased at the door. Details: 419-893-2008.
● Owens Community Terrace View Cafe coordinated by the Food, Nutrition, and Hospitality Department at Owens Community College’s College Hall Room 148, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg, lunch 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Program is student-run. Seating limited and available until 12:15 p.m., take-out meals will take place from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Cost: $9. Reservations required. Bakery items also will be available for purchase. For a complete list of menus/reservations: owens.edu/terrace. Details or reservations 567-661-7359.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● St. Paul’s Episcopal Church fish fry, 798 S. Coy Rd., Oregon, 4-7 p.m. Friday. Dine in or carryout. 419-691-9400.
● Lenten fish fry at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, 729 White St., 5-7 p.m. Friday. Cost: $8 adults. Children’s menu: $4 for children under 12. 419-698-1519.
● Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church’s Lenten fish fry in the cafeteria, 2255 Central Grove Ave., 5-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Fried or baked fish. Cost: $7.75 adults; $7.25 seniors; $4.25 children 10 and under. Carryout available. 419-382-5511
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat Alaskan walleye, $8. Steaks, shrimp, chicken, and a children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● Fried chicken dinner at Lake Township Fire Station No. 1, 4505 Walbridge Rd., Walbridge, 5-7 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 children 12 and under. There will be a silent auction. To make donations or for tickets: Elsa Caudill, 419-666-3415, Melanie Bowen, 419-662-6561, or any firebelle. Benefits the Feed Our Neighbors program.
● Pigs-in-a-blanket dinner at Whitehouse Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $7 per person.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
● Tween and adult knitting group, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Mondays.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Homework helper, 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. Tuesdays. Free general computer and technology help.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Crafternoon at the Library, 4 p.m. today.
● Teenspace, 4 p.m. Tuesdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Bank staff can assist with applying for food stamps, home energy, child care assistance, and other services. Free legal assistance available.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
● Crafternoon at the Library, 4 p.m. today.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
● Book discussion group, 10:30 a.m., Thursday.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an email account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Fridays. Registration required.
● Anime club, 5 p.m. Feb. 26, Grades 6-12.
● Homeschool book club, 2-3 p.m. Wednesday and March 20. Registration required.
● Sit! Stay! Read!, 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays from March 5-26. Grades K-5. Practice reading aloud with a companion dog. Call to register.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Book Nuts discussions on March 13 and April 10. Call for times.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursday that school is in session.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Offering daily lunches, occasional day trips, and athletic programs.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. every Thursday at Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for non-members. 419-691-2254.
Wii bowling, 12:30 p.m. every Wednesday.
Jiggs dinner, 4:30 p.m. March 13. $8 for seniors 60 and older. Call for information.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
Blood pressure and blood sugar checks, all day Wednesday.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Activities: bingo, fitness, line dancing, bunco, euchre, health screenings.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. every Wednesday.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. every Monday and Thursday. Designed for beginners and the physically fit.
Texting 101, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Breakfast Club trip to The Skillet, 9:30 a.m. Friday. Registration required.
Presentation on North Carolina, 12:30 p.m. Feb. 25.
Sleeping Solutions seminar, 11:45 a.m. Feb. 28.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Computer lab is available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classes on computer use are offered. Call for details.
Watercolor, drawing, and oil/acrylics classes offered in six-week sessions. Call for times and fees.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Gadget Club, 10-11 a.m. Call for dates.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Open to all denominations.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday.
Bridge, 1 p.m. every Tuesday.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information call, Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
YMCA fitness course, 9-9:45 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in January. $1 per class or $20 for 8 weeks. Light weights required.
Sleep Solutions seminar, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call for information.
Birthday celebration, noon Wednesday.
Lesson on whole grains, 12:30 p.m. Thursday. Call for information.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Club F.I.T. will provide you with information on strengthening and stretching, taught by a local physical therapist, 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writer’s group, 10 a.m. every Thursday.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. every Friday. Bring your own supplies.
Movie day, 1 and 6 p.m. Wednesday. Call for information.
Separated and divorced support group at St. Joseph Parish, 5373 Main St. at Ravine Dr., Sylvania, 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays. Surviving divorce, group discussions. Details: Mike/Linda, 419-913-9766.
Ecumenical Bereavement Support Group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish, Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, 3-4:30 p.m. today. Title: I wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye, speaker Sysue Waible-Rose. Contact: Rita Hoff, 419-724-4675 or email@example.com.
Grief Recovery and Support group at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 6 p.m. Tuesdays starting Feb. 26 through May 21. Winter/Spring session of the renowned 13-week program. Nondenominational program features Christ-centered, biblical teaching that focuses on grief topics associated with the death of a loved one. Information: 419-893-0223 or griefshare.org.
Separation/Divorce Recovery support group offered at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursdays. Program is DivorceCare, a non-denominational 13-week program. Free and open to the public. Register / information: 419-893-0223 or fpcmaumee.org.
NAMI Connection Recovery support group at the Pontifex, 416 W. State St., Fremont, 2-3:30 p.m. weekly on Mondays. This groups is for people living with mental illness. Share coping strategies, offer mutual encouragement and understanding. 1-888-582-8889 / 419-334-8021 / namissw.org.
Staying Tobacco free a support group offered at the Tobacco Treatment Center Conference Room, Fallen Timbers Medical Center, 5757 Monclova Rd., Maumee, 7:15 p.m. every Tuesday in Feb. Details: 419-893-QUIT(7848).
Grief Share at CedarCreek, 29129 Lime City Rd., Perrysburg, 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays. This is a 13-week Christian video series Your Journey From Mourning to Joy. No cost and child care is available. Contact: Karen Kennedy, 419-680-5096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families Behind Bars support group for families with a loved one in prison at Waterville Library Meeting Room, 800 Michigan Ave., Waterville, 7 p.m. Mondays, March 4, April 1, May 6, and June 3. We assist you in finding information on visitations, policies, and other needed information. Call Carol, 419-350-6619 or Joyce, 419-878-5796.
DivorceCare Support Group at St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Family Life Center Room B, 212 N. Stadium Rd., Oregon, 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays through April 29. For more information: 419-693-1150.
Single and Parenting group at North Clinton Mennonite Church, 831 W. Linfoot St., Wauseon, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Group is a 13-week program. Seminars include: “Your Children and Your Fears,” “Tired and Overwhelmed,” and “Conflict and Resolution.” Child care proved through age 12. Details: 419-337-4776.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.