● The Maumee Valley Historical Society Lecture Series “Settlement and Growth of Maumee River towns in NW Ohio”, 1035 River Rd., 4:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, today, Feb. 26 and March 5, 12, and 19. Cost: $10 per person ($5 for MVHS members). Refreshments and materials provided. wolcotthouse.org or Darlene Limmer, 419-666-6632.
● American Cancer Society’s '80s Skate Night for the Cure at Ohio Skate, 1370 Conant St., 6:30-8:30 p.m. Feb. 28. The Relay for Live Team, Papa Toolz Pit Crew, invites public to take part. Admission: $4. Skate rental: $1. Proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.
● Auditions for Are We There Yet? for the Oregon Community Theatre’s spring show will be held at the Fassett Auditorium, 3025 Starr Ave., 6 p.m. today. Shows are April 19-21 and April 26-27, 2013. Details: 419-691-1398.
● Members of P.E.R.I., Chapter 93 meeting at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., 1 p.m. Feb. 28. Speaker, business meeting, coffee, cookies, and fellowship. All P.E.R.S. retirees welcome.
● Homesteading: Maple Sugaring at Pearson Metropark’s Johlin Cabin, 4600 Starr Ave., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. March 2. See how much home life has changed in the last 145 years. Free; reservations needed. 419-407-9701.
● ISOH/IMPACT 2013 Hope Gala sponsored by the Hilton Garden Inn at Levis Commons, 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction, followed by program at 7 p.m. Feb. 28. WTVG 13abc anchorman, Jeff Smith as emcee. Special music by harpist Joy Cambell. Benefits to build the International Hope Center. Details and tickets: isohimpact.org.
● American Girl doll tea at First United Methodist Church, 200 W. Second St., 1 p.m. March 2. Bring your American Girl doll or stuffed animal. All girls will receive a free piece of doll clothing and do a craft. Sweets, sandwiches, and cold drinks provided. Handmade doll clothes available for purchase. Limited seating. Cost: $10 for girl and doll; $5 adult. For tickets: 419-874-1911 or call Tolanda Kronfield, 419-874-3675.
● All Saints Catholic School open house, 630 Lime City Rd., 2 p.m. March 3. For preschool to eighth grade. Details: 419-661-2070.
● Card party, Catholic War Veterans Logsdon Walla Auxiliary, 2857 Airport Hwy., 12 p.m.-4 p.m. March 3. Join us for lunch, fun, prizes, raffles. Donation: $8. Reservations by Feb. 28: Barbara Hagen, 419-882-6785.
● Y for Your Community Silent Auction for Anthony Wayne Community YMCA in the Monclova Community Center, 8115 Monclova Rd., 5-8 p.m. Friday. Free babysitting available at the center. Benefits scholarship fund. Admission: $5 at the door; $4 in advance (at the AW Y). Details: Gail McNeely, 419-441-0013 or email@example.com.
● Waterville Playshop Auditions for the production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. Second St., adults only 7-9 p.m. March 1; children only 4-5 p.m. March 3; and adults only 5-7 p.m. March 3. Come prepared to sing with accompaniment with something from the show or a song similar to the music of the show and to dance. Children and any adult interested in just the chorus will be required to dance. Performances will be May 3-5 at the Maumee Indoor Theatre. Information: Sam at SMacera859@aol.com or 419-878-6826.
● Winter art classes, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St.: Fairy Garden Houses with Diane Giddens from Oak Park Landscape, teaching how to paint houses for your fairy gardens 6-8 p.m. Monday. All materials supplied. Wear old clothing or bring a smock (ages 12 and over). Cost: $23 per person. Reservations: 419-877-5383 or whitehouseoh.gov.
● The Kitchen of Hope serving a free dinner at Zoar Lutheran Church, 314 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg, noon-1 p.m. Friday. Meal is provided free to all Wood County residents on fixed incomes including senior citizens.
● The Wood County Chapter of Ohio Genealogical Society meeting in the Wood County District Public Library Meeting Room, 251 N. Main St., Bowling Green, 6:30 p.m. Feb. 26. Judy Justus, Perrysburg Historian will present “How NOT to Write Your Family History.” Information: 419-352-3303.
● Cabin Fever Brunch, Hungarian Club of Toledo, 224 Paine Ave., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Menu includes Hungarian stuffed cabbage, salad, and Hungarian filled crepes (palascinta). Cost: $8 in advance; $10 at the door; $5 for children under 12. Craft and art sale. Entertainment 10:15-10:45 a.m. Details: Carol LaBounty, 419-874-1060 or Eric Bergman, 419-260-2553.
● Pancake breakfast at First St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 1121 Grasser St., Oregon, 8-11 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $3 children.
● Genoa American Legion Post 324, all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast, 302 West St., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children. 419-855-7049.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon Sundays. Cost: $5. Children’s menu also available. 419-666-7762.
● Cass Road Baptist Church’s pancakes and sausage breakfast with eggs strata, 1400 Cass Rd., Maumee, 8:30-10:30 a.m. March 2. All the pancakes you can eat. Cost: $5 adults; $2 children 6-10; and free to children 5 and under. Tickets may be purchased at the door. Details: 419-893-2008.
● Owens Community Terrace View Cafe coordinated by the Food, Nutrition, and Hospitality Department at Owens Community College’s College Hall Room 148, 30335 Oregon Rd., Perrysburg, lunch 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Program is student-run. Seating limited and available until 12:15 p.m., take-out meals will take place from 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Cost: $9. Reservations required. Bakery items also will be available for purchase. For a complete list of menus/reservations: owens.edu/terrace. Details or reservations 567-661-7359.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● St. Paul’s Episcopal Church fish fry, 798 S. Coy Rd., Oregon, 4-7 p.m. Friday. Dine in or carryout. 419-691-9400.
● Lenten fish fry at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, 729 White St., 5-7 p.m. Friday. Cost: $8 adults. Children’s menu: $4 for children under 12. 419-698-1519.
● Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church’s Lenten fish fry in the cafeteria, 2255 Central Grove Ave., 5-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Fried or baked fish. Cost: $7.75 adults; $7.25 seniors; $4.25 children 10 and under. Carryout available. 419-382-5511
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat Alaskan walleye, $8. Steaks, shrimp, chicken, and a children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● Fried chicken dinner at Lake Township Fire Station No. 1, 4505 Walbridge Rd., Walbridge, 5-7 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 children 12 and under. There will be a silent auction. To make donations or for tickets: Elsa Caudill, 419-666-3415, Melanie Bowen, 419-662-6561, or any firebelle. Benefits the Feed Our Neighbors program.
● Pigs-in-a-blanket dinner at Whitehouse Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $7 per person.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
● Tween and adult knitting group, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Mondays.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Homework helper, 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. Tuesdays. Free general computer and technology help.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Crafternoon at the Library, 4 p.m. today.
● Teenspace, 4 p.m. Tuesdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Bank staff can assist with applying for food stamps, home energy, child care assistance, and other services. Free legal assistance available.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
● Crafternoon at the Library, 4 p.m. today.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
● Book discussion group, 10:30 a.m., Thursday.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an email account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Fridays. Registration required.
● Anime club, 5 p.m. Feb. 26, Grades 6-12.
● Homeschool book club, 2-3 p.m. Wednesday and March 20. Registration required.
● Sit! Stay! Read!, 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays from March 5-26. Grades K-5. Practice reading aloud with a companion dog. Call to register.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● Book Nuts discussions on March 13 and April 10. Call for times.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursday that school is in session.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Offering daily lunches, occasional day trips, and athletic programs.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. every Thursday at Navarre Park Shelter House, 1001 White St., using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for non-members. 419-691-2254.
Wii bowling, 12:30 p.m. every Wednesday.
Jiggs dinner, 4:30 p.m. March 13. $8 for seniors 60 and older. Call for information.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
Blood pressure and blood sugar checks, all day Wednesday.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Activities: bingo, fitness, line dancing, bunco, euchre, health screenings.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. every Wednesday.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. every Monday and Thursday. Designed for beginners and the physically fit.
Texting 101, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursday. Registration required.
Breakfast Club trip to The Skillet, 9:30 a.m. Friday. Registration required.
Presentation on North Carolina, 12:30 p.m. Feb. 25.
Sleeping Solutions seminar, 11:45 a.m. Feb. 28.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Computer lab is available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classes on computer use are offered. Call for details.
Watercolor, drawing, and oil/acrylics classes offered in six-week sessions. Call for times and fees.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Gadget Club, 10-11 a.m. Call for dates.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Open to all denominations.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday.
Bridge, 1 p.m. every Tuesday.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information call, Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
YMCA fitness course, 9-9:45 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in January. $1 per class or $20 for 8 weeks. Light weights required.
Sleep Solutions seminar, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Call for information.
Birthday celebration, noon Wednesday.
Lesson on whole grains, 12:30 p.m. Thursday. Call for information.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Club F.I.T. will provide you with information on strengthening and stretching, taught by a local physical therapist, 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writer’s group, 10 a.m. every Thursday.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. every Friday. Bring your own supplies.
Movie day, 1 and 6 p.m. Wednesday. Call for information.
Separated and divorced support group at St. Joseph Parish, 5373 Main St. at Ravine Dr., Sylvania, 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays. Surviving divorce, group discussions. Details: Mike/Linda, 419-913-9766.
Ecumenical Bereavement Support Group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish, Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, 3-4:30 p.m. today. Title: I wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye, speaker Sysue Waible-Rose. Contact: Rita Hoff, 419-724-4675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grief Recovery and Support group at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 6 p.m. Tuesdays starting Feb. 26 through May 21. Winter/Spring session of the renowned 13-week program. Nondenominational program features Christ-centered, biblical teaching that focuses on grief topics associated with the death of a loved one. Information: 419-893-0223 or griefshare.org.
Separation/Divorce Recovery support group offered at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursdays. Program is DivorceCare, a non-denominational 13-week program. Free and open to the public. Register / information: 419-893-0223 or fpcmaumee.org.
NAMI Connection Recovery support group at the Pontifex, 416 W. State St., Fremont, 2-3:30 p.m. weekly on Mondays. This groups is for people living with mental illness. Share coping strategies, offer mutual encouragement and understanding. 1-888-582-8889 / 419-334-8021 / namissw.org.
Staying Tobacco free a support group offered at the Tobacco Treatment Center Conference Room, Fallen Timbers Medical Center, 5757 Monclova Rd., Maumee, 7:15 p.m. every Tuesday in Feb. Details: 419-893-QUIT(7848).
Grief Share at CedarCreek, 29129 Lime City Rd., Perrysburg, 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays. This is a 13-week Christian video series Your Journey From Mourning to Joy. No cost and child care is available. Contact: Karen Kennedy, 419-680-5096 or email@example.com.
Families Behind Bars support group for families with a loved one in prison at Waterville Library Meeting Room, 800 Michigan Ave., Waterville, 7 p.m. Mondays, March 4, April 1, May 6, and June 3. We assist you in finding information on visitations, policies, and other needed information. Call Carol, 419-350-6619 or Joyce, 419-878-5796.
DivorceCare Support Group at St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Family Life Center Room B, 212 N. Stadium Rd., Oregon, 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays through April 29. For more information: 419-693-1150.
Single and Parenting group at North Clinton Mennonite Church, 831 W. Linfoot St., Wauseon, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Group is a 13-week program. Seminars include: “Your Children and Your Fears,” “Tired and Overwhelmed,” and “Conflict and Resolution.” Child care proved through age 12. Details: 419-337-4776.