● Maumee Valley Historical Society Lecture Series “Settlement and Growth of Maumee River towns in NW Ohio,” in the country church, 1035 River Rd., Maumee, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Cost: $10 per session ($5 for MVHS members). Refreshments and materials provided. Information: wolcotthouse.org or call Darlene Limmer, 419-666-6632.
● The Christian Festival Choir invites area singers to join in preparation for the annual spring concert “Exaltation 2013” in April. Rehearsals will be held at Calvary Assembly of God, 1360 Conant St., 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays through March 25. Information: toledoexaltation.org, 419-865-5795, or 419-260-8284.
● ProMedica St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary scrapbooking crop in the hospital’s auditorium, 5901 Monclova Rd., 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $40 includes half of an 8 foot table, continental breakfast, lunch, dinner, beverages, snacks, and one ticket for a raffle prize. Call Suzan Pant, 419-893-5911, ext. 6152. Proceeds to Auxiliary’s pledge to the Mind, Body, and Soul Women’s Retreat in September.
● Traditional Jiggs Dinner with performance by the Perrysburg Dance Academy’s Irish dancers at the Maumee Senior Center, 2430 S. Detroit Ave., 5-7 p.m. March 15. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 children. Reservations, carryout, or transportation call 419-893-1994.
● St. Joseph Catholic School presents The Little Mermaid, Jr., at the Maumee Indoor Theatre, 601 Conant St., 7:30 p.m. March 15 and 16, and 2:30 p.m. March 17. Tickets: $10 adults; $7 children (14 and under). Call 419-893-3304. All seats reserved.
● Maumee Valley Civic Theatre and Kurtz/Ace Hardware present The Odd Couple (female version) at the Napoleon American Legion, 500 Glenwood, cocktails 6:30 p.m., pre-show 7:30 p.m., show 8 p.m. March 21, 22, and 23. Dinner and show, $20; show only $10. Reservations must be made by March 13 by calling 419-592-1786.
● The American Legion Christ Dunberger Auxiliary’s rummage sale, 4925 Pickle Rd., 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. Donations accepted from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. today and Wednesday. Cash only. Bake sale.
● March Lecture Series: Pearson Metropark’s Packer-Hammersmith Center, 4600 Starr Ave., 2-3 p.m. Sunday. Highlighting flora and fauna of the Great Black Swamp; event includes a nature walk presentation. Free. 419-407-9701.
● Area Women are invited to “Scents of Spring” luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet 12 p.m. March 14. Special Feature: Scentsy Candles by Kristen Slater. Music: Holliday Thomas. Speaker: Mary Haddad “Survival and Success in Search for Significance.” Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Eastwood High School presents the musical Beauty and the Beast, 4900 Sugar Ridge Rd., 7 p.m. March 15 and 16, and 2 p.m. March 17. Details: 419-833-3611.
● Owens Community College Toledo-area campus to host College Preview Night with tables set up in the college’s Student Health and Activities Center and presentations in the Center For Fine and Performing Arts, 30335 Oregon Rd., 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday. Information: 567-661-7777 or 1-800-GO-OWENS, ext. 7777.
● Rossford Junior High Parent Boosters invite parents of current 6th graders to its next meeting at the Junior High School, Room 200, 651 Superior St., 4 p.m. Monday. Parents interested in a leadership role with the boosters for next school year are encouraged to attend.
● Rossford High School hosting the Wood County Junior Teen Institute Retreat, 701 Superior St., 4-10 p.m. March 22. Registration deadline Saturday. Junior high students are welcome to attend. Questions: 419-666-5262, ext. 1304 or 419-308-3797.
● Rossford High School classmates who graduated at least 50 years ago are invited to a luncheon at the Carranor Hunt and Polo Club, 502 E. 2nd St., Perrysburg, social hour at noon and lunch at 1 p.m. Sept. 28. Details: Caroline, 419-868-7670.
● Feather party at the Commodore Perry VFW Post 3338, 2231 South Ave., beginning at 5 p.m. Saturday. Details: 419-381-0153.
● The Toledo Craftsman’s Guild Spring Festival of Crafts, Stranahan Great Hall, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Free.
● Greater Toledo Train and Toy Show sponsored by Toledo Toymasters at Premier Complex, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 11 a.m.-4 p.m., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (“early birds”) Sunday. Admission: $6 adults/”Early Birds” $8; children 12 and under free (with paid adult). Details: Randy Ramsey/Toledo Toymasters, email@example.com or 419-215-4181.
● American Legion Post 384’s Easter Raffle, 6910 Providence St., 5-8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets entered in 25 prize drawings and 50/50. Free food for participants during drawing. Need not be present to win. Tickets available from legion members and at Canteen. 419-877-5171.
● Anthony Wayne Alumni Association meeting in the Anthony Wayne High School Media Center, 5967 Finzel Rd., 7 p.m. March 13. Hall of Fame applications are due March 31 and can be found at awalumni.com.
● Woodville 4th of July committee meeting at Woodville Youth Center/Legion Hall, 200 S. Elm St., 7 p.m. March 12.
● Woodmore Athletic Boosters’ scrapbooking weekend at Woodville United Methodist Church, 201 W. First St., starts at 5 p.m. March 15 and 7 a.m.-5 p.m. March 16. Cost: $35 for table/weekend or $20 per day. Includes, table, snacks on March 15; breakfast, lunch, and snack on March 16. Reservations: Donna Sandwisch, 419-265-5640.
Woodville and Elmore
● Two Villages’ 2013 Community Forum for the Elmore and Woodville Communities at Grace Lutheran Church, 19225 Witty Rd., 3-4:30 p.m. Sunday. Presentations on teen health and safety based on review of Ottawa and Sandusky counties community health assessments. Second presentation on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders. Two Villages provides awareness programs designed to keep adults current on information regarding the core issues surrounding high risk behaviors in teens. Details: Jayne Klett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Pancake Day at Haskins Community Church, 209 W. Main St., Haskins, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4-7 p.m. Saturday. All-you-can-eat. Cost: $8 adults; $2 children 4-10 years; children 3 and under eat free. 419-823-1972
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon Sundays. Cost: $5. 419-666-7762.
● St. Paul’s Episcopal Church fish fry, 798 S. Coy Rd., Oregon, 4-7 p.m. Friday. 419-691-9400.
● Lenten fish fry at St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, 729 White St., 5-7 p.m. Friday. Cost: $8 adults. Children’s meals, $4 for children under 12. 419-698-1519.
● Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church’s Lenten fish fry in the cafeteria, 2255 Central Grove Ave. (corner of Anthony Wayne Trail and Sherwood Ave.), 5-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Fried or baked fish. Cost: $7.75 adults; $7.25 seniors; $4.25 children 10 and under. Carryout available. 419-382-5511
● VFW 4906 fish fry, 2161 Consaul St., 4:30 p.m. until sold out March 15. Cost: $10. Fish sandwich with chips, $5. 419-698-4411.
● New Hope Christian Church Lenten fish fry, 2457 Holloway Rd., Holland, 4:30-7:30 p.m. March 15. Cost: $9 adults; $4 children under 10. 419-867-1535.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Takeout 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat, $8. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● Jiggs Dinner at Faith Community United Church of Christ, 1126 Anderson Ave., Maumee, 5:30-7:30 p.m. March 14. Cost: $10 adult; $5 children. Tickets available at 419-887-1976 or at the door.
At the Library
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call to register.
● Tween and adult knitting group, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Mondays.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Frogtown low vision support group sessions, 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday.
Gibsonburg Public Library
100 North Webster St., Gibsonburg; 419-637-2173.
● Basic computer classes, 1-2:30 p.m. Wednesday and March 8, 13, and 15. Call to register.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool storytime, 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. Thursdays. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
● Mother Goose time, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Thursdays.
● Show Me the Movie: Moonrise Kingdom, 2 p.m. Thursday.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave., Waterville; 419-878-3055.
● Sit! Stay! Read!, 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Grades K-5. Practice reading aloud with a companion dog. Call to register.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Thursdays. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Fridays. Registration required.
● Erin Hunter’s The Warrior clan gathering, 7 p.m. March 12. Grades 4-8.
Woodville Public Library
101 East Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744.
● Ereader Essentials, 7 p.m. Wednesday.
● Coupon swap meet, 4 p.m. March 12.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Wii bowling, 12:30 p.m. every Wednesday.
Jigg’s dinner, 4:30 p.m. March 13; $8 for seniors 60 and older.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. every Wednesday.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. Wednesdays.
Bridge, 1 p.m. Tuesdays.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Class: Club F.I.T., 10-11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. Fridays. Bring your own supplies.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.