ADA, Ohio - Two classroom buildings were evacuated yesterday at Ohio Northern University after an air compressor belt malfunctioned and began to smoke.
University spokesman Jose Nogueras said the Meyer science building and the adjacent Biggs engineering building were cleared about 2:45 p.m. when the smoke was discovered.
Within an hour, firefighters found the cause of the smoke in the basement of Meyer Hall.
No one was injured in the incident, and classes resumed about 4:15 p.m., he said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.