Friday, November 27, 2015
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
Published: Friday, 8/14/2009

Natural gas rate drops 50% from September

Columbia Gas of Ohio said yesterday that its September rate for natural gas will rise to 54 cents per 100 cubic feet, two cents more than its August rate but still a 50 percent decrease from a year ago when its rate was $1.09. It will be the lowest September rate since 1999.

The rate, which is subject to approval by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, will put the estimated average bill for Columbia Gas customers at $25. The rate is effective Aug. 27 and will run through Sept. 27.

Columbia Gas rate affects only its direct customers, about 22 percent of metro Toledo and northern Ohio homeowners who are in the utility s service territory. The other 78 percent buy natural gas from independent marketers.

Recommended for You

Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.