CANFIELD, Ohio — A northeast Ohio farm market says its doughnut business doubled this week after word spread that some of the New York Giants would be chowing down on its blueberry doughnuts ahead of their Super Bowl appearance.
White House Fruit Farm owner Debbie Pifer says the mother-in-law of Giants center Jim Cordle had ordered the treats, but the shop decided to donate 10 dozen. The blueberry doughnuts are a favorite of visitors to the small farm in Canfield.
Pifer says it was lucky that the blue icing coordinated with the team’s colors.
The doughnuts were picked up Friday for the trip to Indianapolis. Pifer says she received photos of team members enjoying the doughnuts on Saturday.
She says the experience has turned her family into avid Giants fans.41.02506 -80.76091
- Recently reviewed restaurants: 5-5
- Dinner for One: Chile-Dusted Skillet Salmon with Blackberry-Pomegranate Salsa
- Recently reviewed restaurants: 4-28
- Cleveland police: Phone links teen to robberies
- Don’t let culinary phobias cook your goose