(ARA) - People putting a house on the market can increase the likelihood of getting a better purchase price it they first scour the exterior and surroundings with a pressure washer.
Pressure washers remove grime and build-up in a fraction of the time it takes to do the same work by hand. Gas powered pressure washers such as Briggs & Stratton's 2550 PSI Elite Series are best for all-purpose cleaning around the home.
The top seven pressure washer projects most often undertaken to improve the outdoor appearance of a home are:
1. Home siding and exteriors
2. Driveways and sidewalks
3. Brick patios
4. Restoring wood decks
6. Paint preparation
7. Garage floors
"If you are selling your house, you can restore almost every outdoor surface to like-new condition with a pressure washer," explains Scott Alderton, director of marketing for Briggs & Stratton Power Products. "There are just a few things to keep in mind when comparing pressure washers. Gas-powered pressure washers are more powerful, versatile and effective than their electric-powered counterparts. The size pressure washer you need depends on what you plan to clean and how much time you plan to spend. As a general rule, the higher the PSI (water pressure) and GPM (water flow) the faster and more effective the cleaning."
Tips and techniques include:
* When cleaning a new surface, start with a wide spray pattern and hold the nozzle four to five feet from the surface. Move closer to the surface until the desired effect is achieved.
* Keep the nozzle in motion, spraying at a steady speed with long, even strokes to ensure consistent results.
* Maintain a consistent distance between the nozzle and the cleaning surface.
* When cleaning heavily soiled or stained surfaces, use cleaning detergents formulated for pressure washers.
* Consider using brush attachments or a turbo nozzle to help remove stubborn dirt, grime, and stains.
Courtesy of ARA Content
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.