(ARA) - Don't let stress get the best of you. For anyone seeking an anxiety antidote, the answer could be as simple as upgrading your bathroom.
"Turn your bathroom into a home spa where you can decompress and ease the stress of daily life," suggests Melissa Gosling, marketing director for Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath.
According to Gosling, there are numerous affordable amenities available for creating a luxury environment and transforming an everyday functional space into a personal getaway. "It's important to take care of yourself. And, if you can do so with some feel-good additions that have a lasting impact, it's a gift that keeps on giving not just for yourself, but for your whole family."
Five ideas that Gosling proposes for creating an un-extreme bath makeover include:
1. Add in-floor heating under foot. Just in time for the long, cold winter, it's an easy step towards luxury. Look for heating "mat" sizes that can be discreetly sandwiched under the floor's surface and installed on those zones you'd like warmed, such as in front of the tub, shower or sink.
2. Transform your everyday shower into one that literally takes you away from it all. Jacuzzi's Ristorre Metallo Shower Tower, for example, comes fully loaded with such amenities as an adjustable rainhead, separate personal hand shower as well as a mirror and shelf. Shower Towers come preassembled and easily retrofit an existing shower system with minimal plumbing required.
3. To let off steam at the end of a long, stressful day, convert your shower into a custom steam bath where you can sit down, relax and unwind.
4. For a truly pampering indulgence, consider adding a Home Spa Towel Warming Drawer to a new or existing cabinet. In only a matter of minutes, homeowners can enjoy toasty warm towels, extending the feeling of relaxation and luxury after a bath or shower.
5. Finally, for the ultimate in relaxation, no at home spa is complete without a plasma or flat screen TV.
According to Remodeling Magazine's 2005 Cost vs. Value Report, you can't go wrong with any type of bathroom remodel. When it comes time to resell, the average upgrade will net you 100.2 percent of your cost. Courtesy of ARA Content
Increasingly popular among designers, wallpaper murals are popping up in model homes across the country. Designers are using them to enhance kitchens, brighten baths and create bold statements in common areas of the house.
"To have someone paint a mural costs thousands," states interior designer, Lisa Fields who installed a wallpaper mural depicting Michelangelo's Creation of Adam in a hallway ceiling. "I love being able to have the same look while staying within budget."
Mimicking the design techniques and selling features of a model home can help you maximize your enjoyment of your home as well as its resale value. Courtesy of ARAcontent
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.