(NAPSI)-It could be a barking dog or an overflowing file cabinet. Whatever the reason, you've decided your home-based office just isn't working out. Before you give up on your small-business dream, it may be time to consider "real" office space.
"Too many small businesses mistakenly assume they can't afford to leave home," said Mark Dixon, CEO of The Regus Group, the world's largest provider of outsourced workplaces. "But today's fully furnished and equipped business centers give entrepreneurs a professional place to work, for a fraction of the cost of leasing traditional office space."
Moving the office away from the house can bolster your business and may even improve life at home. Here are five of the top reasons to consider making the jump:
1. Extra elbow room: Business is booming and you need to hire help, but the close quarters are cramping your style. On a full-time or part-time basis, "ready-to-use" offices allow you to make the switch from home quickly and easily adjust your space as you continue to grow.
2. Human interaction: Working in pajamas isn't right for everyone. Some of us need to get dressed every morning, drive to an office and have a coffee-room chat with a fellow Homo sapiens. As an added benefit of an office environment, entrepreneurs commonly make valuable business connections with their neighbors.
3. Image improvement: Most businesses have at least an occasional need to meet face-to-face with customers, partners or suppliers. But talking shop at your kitchen table doesn't make a strong first impression. Today's alternatives allow even sole proprietors to afford a well-appointed office or meeting room at a prestigious business address, whether it's booked by the month, the day or the hour.
4. Sweet separation: With the couch only steps away, choosing work over ESPN proves too difficult for some home-based workers. On the flipside, others can't help but peek at business e-mail after hours. Putting distance between the office and home can help you stay busy during the day and keep work where it belongs at night.
5. Power tools: If your all-in-one printer/copier/fax is begging for mercy, consider a technology upgrade. Fully equipped office environments provide all the professional-quality office machines, high-speed Internet access, advanced telecom systems, even administrative and technical support, to turn your operation into a well-oiled machine.
With today's myriad options for affordable office space and professional business services, the road to small-business success looks a lot wider.58.28333 25.28333