The local American Red Cross has less than a half-day supply of O-negative blood, and it is asking donors of all types to help.
The Toledo-based Western Lake Erie Region of American Red Cross Blood Services must collect about 300 blood units daily for patient needs at 23 hospitals in 11 counties.
Blood drives to collect O-negative the preferred type for accident victims and babies needing transfusions as well as other types of blood in the area include:
• Tomorrow: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Toledo Hospital; noon to 6 p.m., St. Joseph Catholic Church, 104 West Broadway, Maumee.
• Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., St. Paul s Church, 125 Fair St., Findlay.
• Sunday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Crossroads Community Church, 6960 Sylvania-Petersburg Rd., Ottawa Lake.
• Monday: noon to 6 p.m., Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, 19225 West Witty Rd., Elmore.
• Tuesday: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at both Northwood Church of God, 1838 South Coy Rd., Northwood, and Wayne United Methodist Church, 202 East Main St., Wayne.
• Wednesday: noon to 6 p.m., Whitehouse American Legion, 6910 South Providence St., Whitehouse; noon to 5 p.m., Blanchard Valley Center, 1700 East Sandusky St., Findlay; 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., National Machinery, 161 Greenfield St., Tiffin.
• June 18: noon to 5 p.m., Owens Community College, 3200 Bright Rd., Findlay; 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Holy Ghost Lutheran Church, 3589 Heiss Rd., Monroe.
• June 19: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wood County Hospital, 950 West Wooster St., Bowling Green.
• June 20 and 21: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 4441 Monroe St., Toledo.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.